Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Amazon Tech Chino from Main Site

  1. #1
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

    Amazon Tech Chino from Main Site

    Has anybody tried the Amazon Tech Chinos that were on the Amazon Spring Collection post on the main site today? I have never done the tech chino thing, I wear a 30 x 28 so I would need to tailor the already expensive BR Core Temp chino so I have been reluctant to just give them a try. But Amazon has that size at 1/2 the price so I am thinking they might be worth a shot but wondering if anybody on here has comments on material or fit. Thanks, Joe

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,549
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joekloo View Post
    Has anybody tried the Amazon Tech Chinos that were on the Amazon Spring Collection post on the main site today? I have never done the tech chino thing, I wear a 30 x 28 so I would need to tailor the already expensive BR Core Temp chino so I have been reluctant to just give them a try. But Amazon has that size at 1/2 the price so I am thinking they might be worth a shot but wondering if anybody on here has comments on material or fit. Thanks, Joe
    do it and report back lol. I need to know too.

  3. #3
    Varsity Member Alex.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    369
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    I tried them... and immediately sent them back. Not even in the same ballpark as the Core temp chinos. The fabric was thick and didn't breathe very well, nor were they all that stretchy. I hate to say it, but the core temp stuff might be worth the investment. They were also SLIM!

  4. #4
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.C View Post
    I tried them... and immediately sent them back. Not even in the same ballpark as the Core temp chinos. The fabric was thick and didn't breathe very well, nor were they all that stretchy. I hate to say it, but the core temp stuff might be worth the investment. They were also SLIM!
    Thanks for feedback!! I think it is time to just pull the trigger on some Core Temp. Come on BR lets have a non-exclusive 60% sale soon.

  5. #5
    Varsity Member Alex.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    369
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joekloo View Post
    Thanks for feedback!! I think it is time to just pull the trigger on some Core Temp. Come on BR lets have a non-exclusive 60% sale soon.
    I know. Tough pill to swallow. I picked my pair up at 50% off and they were worth it. At full price? It’s hard to justify.

  6. #6
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    277
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joekloo View Post
    Thanks for feedback!! I think it is time to just pull the trigger on some Core Temp. Come on BR lets have a non-exclusive 60% sale soon.
    From what I know, they tend to have a non-exclusive 50% off sale on August. Still on a bit pricier than average chinos, but fit, finish, and overall quality is definitely worth it.

  7. #7
    Varsity Member Alex.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    369
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    I’ll also add a vote for the Target Goodfellow tech chinos. They’re fantastic! Wearing a pair in a winery right now with a sport coat and loafers. I’d say as good or better than the Core Temps.

  8. #8
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I got some BR Core Temps during the last sale. I have only wore them a couple of times but my initial thought is “Meh...”. Maybe the material is just not for me or I haven’t gotten used to them yet. I got a pair of the Express 360 Chinos at the same time and I like them better. To me they are a little softer (but are slightly thicker as well). On the bonus side they have them in the Athletic Cut which I prefer.

  9. #9
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    403
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)
    @joekloo I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels the BR Core Temp chinos are only meh. Worn mine a dozen times and just can't get used to them. I tried the Everlane Performance chinos and liked them a lot. They feel more like BR travel pants but look more like standard chinos. I had to return them though because they were just too slim. I'm going to give those Express 360 athletic cut chinos a try.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •