Thread: Any recommendations for some basic watch mods?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Any recommendations for some basic watch mods?

I need a quartz movement swapped and was hoping to get a sterile dial for an invicta 9937.
    Id vs ego was recommended but I donít think heís interested does not answer my pms.
    The local watchmaker is not interested, after seeing all the mods on here just curious if you could point me in a direction. Thanks

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1110 Post(s)
    I've got no problem doing the swap for you but the it is an uncommon modding base without a catalog of known replacement parts. Last I saw in PMs (correct me if I'm wrong) you didn't know the movent or where to get it. If you find and purchase the required parts I will swap them in. Sourcing the parts for an Invicta can be a chore though. I wouldn't buy a movement without putting eyes on it. They have been known to make changes on the same model from factory to factory. If you want to ship it to me I will open it up and see if I can find you the movement. You run the risk of paying shipping both ways and not having a working watch though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1110 Post(s)
    Probably your movement right here based on what you communicated...

https://www.esslinger.com/hattori-ja...-height-6-1mm/

So like I said...get it all together and send it to me and I will do the swap.

Dials are a different matter. They aren't all interchangeable. They have to be the second approximate circumference and then there are the mounting feet to deal with. If your watch has a day or date, the window has to lineup with the wheel. No idea what size yours is or where the mount points are. I could take it out and measure it for you and then see what your options re but keep in mind, it's practically the same work to remove the old and reinstall it as it is to remove old and put in new. So all of this will take the same amount of time as doing the swaps. This is why your watch repair guy wanted to charge you why he did or wasn't interested. It's a lot of money to spend on a quartz watch with 50m water resistance.

So in summary...I am interested but I doubt you are interested in paying what it takes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The invicta was a quartz swap pc32 movement. The other watch is a Swiss movement sub type, I thought there were several parts vendors. I had asked if you had any other fun ideas with the movement on the7320 , but would settle for the movement swap, my watchmaker would t swap the movement wanted to service for $90 which I did not want to spend. If you truly are interested we can go to pm’s, I wasn’t intending to “ call you out” I just wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas on interested parties. Thanks for replying again.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1110 Post(s)
    You can PM me the details of what you are trying to do again. But if someone else wants to jump in I won't be offended.