Thread: Target polo and fit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

Target polo and fit

I want to give the Best-in-Show polo from Target a try but am in between a L and XL. In the Polopalooza post he says they hopefully donít shrink.

The XL seems big, but might shrink to a better fit? Or should i try a large b3cause they donít shrink?

Side question: the polos from 5hat post all seem too small in the pics, but he said they fit. So, how should a polo fit really?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbiscuit View Post
    I want to give the Best-in-Show polo from Target a try but am in between a L and XL. In the Polopalooza post he says they hopefully don’t shrink.

The XL seems big, but might shrink to a better fit? Or should i try a large b3cause they don’t shrink?

Side question: the polos from 5hat post all seem too small in the pics, but he said they fit. So, how should a polo fit really?
    I bought several Target elevated polo shirts recently.

I wear a medium although some brands fit a little tight across the chest in medium and large is too big.

These have a tad more room across the chest so they fit me well. I like the collar better then the ribbed collars you see on other polos

They have been though several washes (cold water wash gentle cycle and hang dry and iron) without shrinking.

They are very comfortable.

I think a polo should fit like any other shirt. Snug but not tight in the chest and shoulders but no pulling of fabric. The length is perfect too and the shirt falls between my belt and my pant's crotch.

For comparison purposes I'm 5'9 and about 170 lbs.

Hope that helps.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbiscuit View Post
    The XL seems big, but might shrink to a better fit? Or should i try a large b3cause they donít shrink?
    I tried a couple of Target polos recently and shrinkage was minimal. This was after one wash and a tumble dry on delicate.

I'm usually a medium and occasionally a large. I bought both a medium and a large to try. I probably could have worn either, with the medium being pretty fitted and the large being more relaxed. But I returned both because I found the sleeves too short in both sizes, something I've never run into before in polos. I was a little sad to return them because otherwise I really liked the shirts and the price was definitely right (on sale for $9.99).