4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    555 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper_B View Post
    I love those. But I'm sure you can find another bargain that you'll enjoy. I couldn't pass on some drivers for only $75. And I picked up some derbies for my son in a EEE width for only $100. Unreal.

Update--I see you did. I was thinking about those as well. WTH? $67?

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper_B View Post
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I love those. But I'm sure you can find another bargain that you'll enjoy. I couldn't pass on some drivers for only $75. And I picked up some derbies for my son in a EEE width for only $100. Unreal.

Update--I see you did. I was thinking about those as well. WTH? $67?
    Can't beat these prices!!!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)
    Well this is not what I wanted ... just came over email. I think this is a poor showing. I ordered early, and they processed, charged, and said my order was shipping. Seems to me they realized a pricing error.

Thank you for shopping with Allen Edmonds. Our popular or low inventory styles tend to sell out quickly, and unfortunately the below items were cancelled from your order due to insufficient inventory. Please note that your account has not been charged for these items. We apologize for any inconvenience and encourage you to shop AllenEdmonds.com and see what's new.
    The charge posted to my CC and I haven't received a refund. I would've assumed for good CS, you would post the refund first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Seems a steal at 60ish shipped. Got my first pair of AES to try out. Thoughts?

https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/s...Slickdeals_LLC
    Also purchased these Boulevard Cap Toes in brown grain yesterday and just got a notice this morning that my order was cancelled due to insufficient inventory. Does this happen often -- that the website allows a purchase despite no inventory?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    370 Post(s)
    Well this is not what I wanted ... just came over email. I think this is a poor showing. I ordered early, and they processed, charged, and said my order was shipping. Seems to me they realized a pricing error.

The charge posted to my CC and I haven't received a refund. I would've assumed for good CS, you would post the refund first.
    Charge posted or just an authorization/pending? Because even if they cancel the order/payment or refund right away on AE's end, it'll still take the bank several days to process that... Don't know why refunds/cancellations take days this day and age for banks to process... Probably because they're using that money immediately for risky/crappy bets.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Charge posted or just an authorization/pending? Because even if they cancel the order/payment or refund right away on AE's end, it'll still take the bank several days to process that... Don't know why refunds/cancellations take days this day and age for banks to process... Probably because they're using that money immediately for risky/crappy bets.
    Thought it had posted. But I can verify. If I see these shoes for a higher price I will assume they are covering their butts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)
    Order had posted not gone through. In searching the deal boards ... it seems every order is canceled. This seems like a pricing error they screwed up and are hiding under low inventory. Every single person so far has posted their deal was canceled, those that posted right after it was found out and there were tons of sizes available.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    555 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpb02 View Post
    Also purchased these Boulevard Cap Toes in brown grain yesterday and just got a notice this morning that my order was cancelled due to insufficient inventory. Does this happen often -- that the website allows a purchase despite no inventory?
    I've had it happen it once or twice when there was a great sale--like 60 or 70 percent off. I paid with paypal and it took them about three weeks to release the charge.

But what made me the angriest was that the day after the sale was over, suddenly the shoes were back in stock. I still don't know what that game was about.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I've had it happen it once or twice when there was a great sale--like 60 or 70 percent off. I paid with paypal and it took them about three weeks to release the charge.

But what made me the angriest was that the day after the sale was over, suddenly the shoes were back in stock. I still don't know what that game was about.
    At least online they are indicating, it helps AE save face from a potential glitch in too cheap of price (unsure if yours were listed back at the 60-70%) and it helps them gather data from users like email, address, purchasing desires etc. that they may not have gotten without this approach.