Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Presidential candidate business casual wear?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Presidential candidate business casual wear?

Can anyone help me find the brands of shirt and blazer combo of presidential candidate Andrew Yang?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Andr...w=1438&bih=814

I like the way his shirt lays with the top button open and I like the shape and drape of his blazer.

Does anyone know what he is wearing as his signature blue blazer and dress shirt?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Unless your body is very similar to his, the same blazer/shirt won't necessarily drape on you in the same way. Also, there's nothing remarkable about his blazer or shirt. Try on a bunch and you'll likely find something that drapes equally well on your frame.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quoted
    628 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    529 Post(s)
    If you're looking for a dress shirt to wear with no tie, try Ledbury. The spread collar and lower second button looks very good--especially if you use metal collar stays with magnets holding the collar in place.

Only downfall with Ledbury is the price. Although I found a few at Nordstrom Rack for only $45 once. Got three. Love them.

In my opinion, you'll get a much better look than what Andrew Yang is wearing with metal collar stays and magnets no matter which shirt you wear.

You can get wurking stiffs collar stays on amazon with magnets for about $40, but you can get magnets and metal collar stays separately for less than half that--see link below for discussion.

Magnets and collar stays discussion:

https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...hlight=wurking
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)
    Ledbury is great, although i don't think that's what he's wearing because of where his second button is.

Also, I'm not sure he's wearing a blazer in most of those pictures. The jackets all look pretty slick and smooth, like suit jackets, rather than blazers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn. bravo.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    529 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aps2012 View Post
    Ledbury is great, although i don't think that's what he's wearing because of where his second button is.

Also, I'm not sure he's wearing a blazer in most of those pictures. The jackets all look pretty slick and smooth, like suit jackets, rather than blazers.
    I agree that he's probably not wearing Ledbury. He's also probably not using metal collar stays with magnets.

I'm trying to steer the OP away from a dreadful mistake.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I agree that he's probably not wearing Ledbury.
    Yes! I should clarify: I don't think he is wearing Ledbury. But both he and OP SHOULD be wearing Ledbury...

(I have no investment in Ledbury, except I have a number of their shirts and I really like them, in large part because of that button stance)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    That made me laugh out loud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    If you're looking for a dress shirt to wear with no tie, try Ledbury. The spread collar and lower second button looks very good--especially if you use metal collar stays with magnets holding the collar in place.

Only downfall with Ledbury is the price. Although I found a few at Nordstrom Rack for only $45 once. Got three. Love them.

In my opinion, you'll get a much better look than what Andrew Yang is wearing with metal collar stays and magnets no matter which shirt you wear.

You can get wurking stiffs collar stays on amazon with magnets for about $40, but you can get magnets and metal collar stays separately for less than half that--see link below for discussion.

Magnets and collar stays discussion:

https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...hlight=wurking

Ledbury shirts don't come in my sleeve length and I'm not paying to alter shirts that expensive.