Thread: Spier & Mackay Polos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Spier & Mackay Polos

I see that Spier & Mackay has their slim fit polo's up on Drop for $20 (+ $2.75 shipping). I've seen the brand discussed a lot on Dappered and the forums but I don't have any personal experience. Both the button down adn open collar's look pretty sharp. Anyone have thoughts or experience with these?

https://drop.com/buy/spier-mackay-button-down-polos

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charlielo View Post
    I see that Spier & Mackay has their slim fit polo's up on Drop for $20 (+ $2.75 shipping). I've seen the brand discussed a lot on Dappered and the forums but I don't have any personal experience. Both the button down adn open collar's look pretty sharp. Anyone have thoughts or experience with these?

https://drop.com/buy/spier-mackay-button-down-polos
    I own them in navy, green, white, brown, and two shades of grey, plus a long sleeve version in navy, all with the straight collar. I am 5'8", 175 lbs. I bought all in medium. They are slimmer and longer than what I am used to from J.Crew's slim fit repp polo. But I've found that they look sharper, look great tucked in with a jacket or untucked with shorts (jeans are ok too), and wash well. I don't put them in the dryer. Definitely worth $20 a pop. Hope this helps.
    instagram.com/cutandbasted
    cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    DO NOT put them in the dryer. They will shrink and are already slim, so most likely they are lost if dried. That said, they are well made and, as sdjackofclubs said, they look good with a sport jacket or shorts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Slightly different opinion from the two posters above. I am a 5'7'' fairly slim guy and bought a Medium as suggested by the S&M sales folks. While the sleeves fit well, the torso is a bit roomier and longer than what I would prefer. Since then I bought a couple from Uniqlo and those fit me much better. However, I would agree with the other posters that the S&M polos appear to be of much better quality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Thanks for the input! I ended up ordering one, looking forward to trying it on. I'm 5'4 145, went with a small, We'll see how it goes!