Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beach vacation - Dinner clothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rd27 View Post
    Have you looked at the Astorflex Pantoflex loafer? They're about $160 on Huckberry, but I can't vouch for the quality.
    I have not, but just checked those out. Those are cool. Unfortunately out of stock of the tan suede ones which is what I would want. I would still question sizing though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    202 Post(s)
    Have you looked at the Astorflex Pantoflex loafer? They're about $160 on Huckberry, but I can't vouch for the quality.
    I can't vouch for those, but I can vouch for astorflex chukkas as being rather high quality for their price. Given my very, very positive experience with my 3 pairs of astorflex chukkas, I would have zero hesitation in purchasing any astorflex footwear I fancied. They truly seem to make a quality product for a relative bargain price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    I can't vouch for those, but I can vouch for astorflex chukkas as being rather high quality for their price. Given my very, very positive experience with my 3 pairs of astorflex chukkas, I would have zero hesitation in purchasing any astorflex footwear I fancied. They truly seem to make a quality product for a relative bargain price.
    Well, after much thought, I purchased the Astorflex Pantoflex Travel loafers in tan.

Also, it appears that some of the suede options have restocked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Well, after much thought, I purchased the Astorflex Pantoflex Travel loafers in tan.

Also, it appears that some of the suede options have restocked.
    Darn... you got my hopes up. I just saw this and checked out Huckberry hoping they'd have what I want in stock. I want the Travel loafers in Sand. What size did you order? I wear a 11.5 in Nike athletic shoes and typically a 10.5 in dress shoes. I think I saw these run large, but I'm not sure if that is based off of a dress shoe size or what. I heard back from Jack Erwin, and they won't be restocking the Renwick's, so the Travel loafers look like they might be the winner for me. I'm just hoping they get what I want back in stock and able to ship them in time prior to my vacation in 4 weeks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesape View Post
    Darn... you got my hopes up. I just saw this and checked out Huckberry hoping they'd have what I want in stock. I want the Travel loafers in Sand. What size did you order? I wear a 11.5 in Nike athletic shoes and typically a 10.5 in dress shoes. I think I saw these run large, but I'm not sure if that is based off of a dress shoe size or what. I heard back from Jack Erwin, and they won't be restocking the Renwick's, so the Travel loafers look like they might be the winner for me. I'm just hoping they get what I want back in stock and able to ship them in time prior to my vacation in 4 weeks.
    I know Huckberry is pretty quick to ship- I placed my order on Thursday/Friday of last week and am getting them in today. I ordered tan (non-suede) in an 8, since I'm normally an 8.5 in Nike/Converse and 8.5D in Allen Edmonds dress shoes and I hear that Astorflex runs large.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I know Huckberry is pretty quick to ship- I placed my order on Thursday/Friday of last week and am getting them in today. I ordered tan (non-suede) in an 8, since I'm normally an 8.5 in Nike/Converse and 8.5D in Allen Edmonds dress shoes and I hear that Astorflex runs large.
    I’m glad I went with the 8- they fit perfectly. Leather definitely feels and looks good. Doesn’t feel cheap. Very comfortable shoe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    I’m glad I went with the 8- they fit perfectly. Leather definitely feels and looks good. Doesn’t feel cheap. Very comfortable shoe.
    On the sizing, would you say they more closely follow dress shoes? I size down a full size from athletic to dress shoes. If they are closer to dress shoes, in theory I should get a 10. If they are closer to athletic shoes, I might be an 11. I'm guessing a 10 would be safer if they run large. But I need them to be in stock to even have this problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesape View Post
    On the sizing, would you say they more closely follow dress shoes? I size down a full size from athletic to dress shoes. If they are closer to dress shoes, in theory I should get a 10. If they are closer to athletic shoes, I might be an 11. I'm guessing a 10 would be safer if they run large. But I need them to be in stock to even have this problem.
    That's hard for me to say exactly, since I wear the same size in dress shoes as I do sneakers..