Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talk me though buying an expensive watch please

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @LesserBlackDog you got that right re: the Rolex market at the moment. I have been keeping an eye on GMT models and their prices are going up up up. The whole Rolex market is just doing gangbusters right now. For the life of me I can't figure out why.
    Simply insane in the last 2 years. Particularly on SS sports models, but hitting both new and used markets. I would have considered adding a 2nd Rolex to my collection, but the value relative to other brands' propositions keeps going down. That said, I still love the Rolex I already have.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    202 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Simply insane in the last 2 years. Particularly on SS sports models, but hitting both new and used markets. I would have considered adding a 2nd Rolex to my collection, but the value relative to other brands' propositions keeps going down. That said, I still love the Rolex I already have.
    Funny thing is how good Tudor now is though, for far more reasonable prices. Tudor has become what Rolex used to be, and Rolex has become, well, something else.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1346 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I am glad for the Rolex's I have now. Even when I did buy them, I felt I was buying at the top of the cost curve. Seems like the curve keeps going up.

Right now I'm in a holding pattern with watches. I'd like to pick up a Rolex GMT but as you mention cost/benefit is most definitely a factor.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    New Rolexes are so expensive now that I don't think it's worth it.