Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Days where you're "not feeling it sartorially" - happen to you?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    This morning I couldn't for the life of me put an outfit together. No matter what I put on, I felt I couldn't match my shirt to my pants. Or my socks to my pants. Or whatever.

I ended up leaving the house not liking what I was wearing but I had a bus to catch. So now I'm all discombobulated at work, not feeling comfortable and it feels as though my whole day is off.

My wife thought I looked good. But for me, I'm not feeling good sartorially today.

Any of you guys go through this? And if it does happen, what's your solution to find an outfit that you do like?
    I had that feeling this morning. It's the same chinos I've been wearing to work for over a year now, all the sudden fit feels wrong, rise of the pants feel too low, and my torso looks longer than usual. I try to pull up my pants a bit higher to fix that, and I now almost look like an old man wearing his pants up to belly button.

It's just a downward spiral, and I think it's mostly with my mindset.

My wife said I look good, and I had an extra strong dose of coffee, and I feel a little better. Rocking out to your favorite tune during commute seems to help too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    yeah, it happens. When I was going to the office I definelty had a uniform though. No thought really went into it other than setting my shirt rotation and begin sure everything was clean. Shirt A goes with pants 1, 2, 3. Shit b goes with pants 1, 4, and 5. That kind of thing. I see those people very day, I am not going to wow them with a fresh look unless I buy new clothes. That is, assuming they even care.

But ont he off the clock side I have some tried and true combos I fall back on in those cases.
    Same here. Since I work in a rather conservative work place, colors and patterns I can go for are limited. White, light blue, maybe light purple for shirts, navy and gray for suits, and that's about it. So I caught myself off guard when I got an aqua stripe dress shirt, not knowing exactly how to approach the matching and whatnot.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    311 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    This morning I couldn't for the life of me put an outfit together. No matter what I put on, I felt I couldn't match my shirt to my pants. Or my socks to my pants. Or whatever.

I ended up leaving the house not liking what I was wearing but I had a bus to catch. So now I'm all discombobulated at work, not feeling comfortable and it feels as though my whole day is off.

My wife thought I looked good. But for me, I'm not feeling good sartorially today.

Any of you guys go through this? And if it does happen, what's your solution to find an outfit that you do like?
    This only happens when I haven't done laundry for a while.

I've got a small, I'd say, a wardrobe with bunch of grays and blues, so it's hard to go wrong. But when nothing feels right, there's always that reliable navy blazer.