Thread: Favorite hiking/backpacking/outdoors forum? podcasts?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)

Favorite hiking/backpacking/outdoors forum? podcasts?

I have been a camper and hiker since I could walk but I am trying to step it up to do the entire GA section of the Appalachian Trail soon. I like immersing myself in the topic to keep momentum going. Doesnt have to be AT specific, just outdoors. I am on some Facebook groups but I find that content to be...surface level at best. I am looking for something with sustained content like a forum to talk about gear, best practices, and sharing trail experiences. I have seen some people here that have interest in the topic so I figured I would ask.

Also if you have any podcasts you would recommend, I am open. So far, I like Trust the Trail and Hiking Thru.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1402 Post(s)
    Awesome about the hike of the Appalachian Trail. If you're able to take some photos and then post them upon your return I'd love see and hear how the hike goes.

Forum wise, I used to frequent Club Tread. I thought it was a good forum with friendly/helpful people.

Cheers.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Awesome about the hike of the Appalachian Trail. If you're able to take some photos and then post them upon your return I'd love see and hear how the hike goes.

Forum wise, I used to frequent Club Tread. I thought it was a good forum with friendly/helpful people.

Cheers.
    awesome, thanks. Will check it out. If the weather cooperates I will be doing a little section this weekend with my wife and some friends just to scout out some of the camping shelters. Will take pics for sure.