Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Express Performance Polo Shrinkage?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Express Performance Polo Shrinkage?

What's everyone's experience with the Express Performance Polos? I loved the style and fit in the photo on the recent Polopalooza post. I'm 5'10" 200lbs like Joe, but just a little less fit than he is. While a large fits my torso well, it's definitely snug in the sleeves and across the shoulders. As-is, I like the fit, but I'm worried that if it shrinks up after the first wash it will be too tight.

Joe's photo from the Polopalooza post for reference.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)
    Mine haven't shrunk.

Did you try one on? I would think a large would be pretty tight on 200lbs. I'm the same height, 170, and a large is a fairly trim fit on me. A medium in some of the express polos would look painted on me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    Mine haven't shrunk.

Did you try one on? I would think a large would be pretty tight on 200lbs. I'm the same height, 170, and a large is a fairly trim fit on me. A medium in some of the express polos would look painted on me.
    Yeah, I have two with the tags still on, debating sending them back. I'm worried that an XL will be huge. I'll post a pic with it on after work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I have two, they never really shrunk on me. And I'm hyper aware since I'm 6'2 but wear a Large. any shrinkage will make them too short.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I just went ahead and ordered a few XLs to compare. I'll take some comparison photos when they arrive.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    Mine have shrunk. Not horrifically, but enough to be noticeable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    So the XLs fit well in the chest and shoulders, but were waaaay too long and baggy. The Large was too tight in the chest and shoulders but draped well around my sides. Strangely, I also found the armholes to be way too low and made the shirt pull funny. I returned them all.

Then I checked out the Goodfellows Target polos. Joe gave them "Best in Show" during Polopalooza, and I can see why. The fabric was nearly as nice as the BR Lux Touch and the fit of a medium was perfect for me. The Large was just a bit too boxy, but with the stretchy fabric, the medium was a winner. I highly recommend them!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joegeis View Post
    So the XLs fit well in the chest and shoulders, but were waaaay too long and baggy. The Large was too tight in the chest and shoulders but draped well around my sides. Strangely, I also found the armholes to be way too low and made the shirt pull funny. I returned them all.

Then I checked out the Goodfellows Target polos. Joe gave them "Best in Show" during Polopalooza, and I can see why. The fabric was nearly as nice as the BR Lux Touch and the fit of a medium was perfect for me. The Large was just a bit too boxy, but with the stretchy fabric, the medium was a winner. I highly recommend them!
    I purchased 3 pairs of them a few weeks ago. I really love the fit and fabric. They also breathe well enough that I was comfortable wearing one on a 88 degree New Orleans afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I haven't noticed any shrinking, really. I'm 170lbs and 5'10" and have three polos in medium. It's quite a slim fit, but it works fine with me. If it were to shrink there would maybe be a problem, though. I've probably washed each about 3 or 4 times at this point. Still all good.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I must be shaped funny or something! The fit was all wrong for me, but I'm glad they worked for you guys. They seemed like high quality items.