Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Prana Jeans

  1. #1
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

    Prana Jeans

    I purchased a pair of Prada Brion pants for hiking and I was impressed by their fit.

    Due to my build I always have a problem with finding a pair of chinos or jeans that fit me well in the seat. There is always too much room and as a result regardless of the fit elsewhere my pants always slide down a tad. Probably the best fitting pair of jeans I have is are the Banana Republic slim Rapid Movement jeans.

    Fast forward to Prada and their Brion pants. They are slim fit and they fit me well, especially in the seat. I'd like to try a pair of their Bridger or Manchester Jeans. The Manchester has a higher percentage of cotton and the Bridger are thinner and lighter weight based on reviews.

    Does anyone have experience with Prada and know which of these fit similar to their Brion line?

  2. #2
    Varsity Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,504
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    475 Post(s)
    I know @Nandyn wears Prana, but I'm not sure of the style. I think he has the Brions, as well.

  3. #3
    Varsity Member Nandyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    941
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    300 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I know @Nandyn wears Prana, but I'm not sure of the style. I think he has the Brions, as well.
    Yep, my only experience is with the Brion pants. If you've got an REI nearby, you could probably find some of their jeans to try. Or a prana store (although I've never seen one).

  4. #4
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Yep, my only experience is with the Brion pants. If you've got an REI nearby, you could probably find some of their jeans to try. Or a prana store (although I've never seen one).

    Thanks. No Prada retail stores on the east coast that I can find. REI is a trip for me too but I guess it is the best option unless someone else here has some personal experience.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I wear both the Prana Brion pants (that I have recommended in a hiking thread) and some of their Bridger jeans. I wear the same size in both, 31x32, and they both fit me well.

    The jeans have stretch and are cut slim. I think they may be a bit slimmer than the Brion pants. For comparison, I also wear Uniqlo slim jeans in the same size. For Leviís, I generally prefer the 513 cut, and in those (and in 511) I am generally a 32x32. I find thereís a touch more variability in Leviís sizing; sometimes 31x32 work and I also have some 541s in 30x32.
    I think that the Bridgers are probably comparable to the 511s in terms of slimness, but I like the fit in the body (butt and waist) in the Bridgers better than 511s. Also, the denim in the Bridgers is of a lighter weight than in the other brands I mentioned (at least the specific jeans that I own).

    I know that Prana makes other styles of Jean, but I only have experience with Bridger.

    Like I said, they do have stretch. Itís noticeable, but i donít believe they are as stretchy as the Banana Republic stretch jeans. To me, those BR jeans just feel weird and I cannot make myself wear them.

    I think of the Bridgers as denim hiking pants.

    I am 6í0Ē and according to the bathroom scale this morning, I am 147 pounds.

    Edit: Amazon carries them. And, Amazon carries odd numbered waist sizes. REI doe not, at least not in stores. If you have Amazon Prime, pick up some with free return to try a few different sizes.

  6. #6
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caktaylor View Post
    I wear both the Prana Brion pants (that I have recommended in a hiking thread) and some of their Bridger jeans. I wear the same size in both, 31x32, and they both fit me well.

    The jeans have stretch and are cut slim. I think they may be a bit slimmer than the Brion pants. For comparison, I also wear Uniqlo slim jeans in the same size. For Leviís, I generally prefer the 513 cut, and in those (and in 511) I am generally a 32x32. I find thereís a touch more variability in Leviís sizing; sometimes 31x32 work and I also have some 541s in 30x32.
    I think that the Bridgers are probably comparable to the 511s in terms of slimness, but I like the fit in the body (butt and waist) in the Bridgers better than 511s. Also, the denim in the Bridgers is of a lighter weight than in the other brands I mentioned (at least the specific jeans that I own).

    I know that Prana makes other styles of Jean, but I only have experience with Bridger.

    Like I said, they do have stretch. Itís noticeable, but i donít believe they are as stretchy as the Banana Republic stretch jeans. To me, those BR jeans just feel weird and I cannot make myself wear them.

    I think of the Bridgers as denim hiking pants.

    I am 6í0Ē and according to the bathroom scale this morning, I am 147 pounds.

    Edit: Amazon carries them. And, Amazon carries odd numbered waist sizes. REI doe not, at least not in stores. If you have Amazon Prime, pick up some with free return to try a few different sizes.

    Thanks for the information. Amazon has them in my size with free shipping and free returns so I might as well go that route.
    I know what you mean about the BR rapid movement jeans. They don't feel like jeans. The thing is they fit me well unlike so many brands of non stretch jeans so I have just kind of embraced it.

    BR seems to be the best fit for me (at least in pants). I have a pair of BR Aiden slim chinos that also fit me well. I have a harder time with their shirt sizing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •