Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you wear you sunnies when inside?

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1360 Post(s)

How do you wear you sunnies when inside?

With summer here, I am wearing sunglasses more and more. The challenge is where to put them when going indoors. There is this handy reference:

https://dappered.com/2013/07/where-t...ou-go-indoors/

But what are you guys doing?

I usually have the case with me, so I'll put them in their case and carry them. Granted it isn't the best, and I'm always worried of setting the glasses/case down somewhere and forgetting them, but that's been what works for me. In a pinch I'll hang them from my shirt too.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)
    If you don't need prescription lenses I can't recommend these enough https://www.amazon.com/Distil-Union-...S9H28Z6J4EPJAQ My wife got the wayferer and loves them.

They aren't thick enough for prescription lenses but the mag lock in the frames holds onto your shirt/pocket really well. Also the scratch resistance holds up to getting hit by the occasional hammer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=zDsCHeFDM6E About 2:56 into the vid
    Last edited by Dun; May 15th, 2019 at 04:49 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    If I'm wearing a suit jacket I'll slide one arm into a lower front pocket (I leave the lower pockets stitched closed). In casual clothes I usually carry the case, but if I can't (say playing golf and grabbing something at the 10th tee shop) I usually hook an arm into a front pants pocket (if the opening is horizontal) or through my belt.

Part of that is all my sunglasses have a noticeable curve, so putting them in a shirt pocket or hanging them from the collar is uncomfortable.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I bring the case, or if they will be off only shortly, stick an arm into a pocket (chest if available).

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1056 Post(s)
    I leave them in the car most of the time but if I bring them in I just hook them on my shirt collar or put them in a chest pocket.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    I usually wear prescription glasses/sunglasses, so I typically have to switch when going in/out. I usually have the other pair in a fabric case in my pocket. However, on days when I'm wearing contacts and only sunglasses, I usually just hang them from my shirt collar/placket for short times, or i'll just put them in the case/pocket for a longer stint indoors.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)
    Formal dress like work? I usually leave in the car or case in my work bag.

Informal. On top of my head. I don’t want to crunch the glasses in a pocket and hate having stuffed pockets.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)
    How else...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    I usually put them in my pants pocket, so that only one leg is inside , and the rest of the glasses are out, I believe that is mentioned as well in Dappered chart.

I know there is potential for glasses to fall off, but honestly I never lost or even dropped a pair.

Now, that can depend on the size of your pockets, shorts, and pants etc..I wear mostly JC shorts and pants, and glasses seem to stay put.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    If I'm doing temporarily, I go for outside chest pocket of my suit jacket/sportcoat if I'm wearing one, with one of the arms stuck out (and down) from the pocket. I do this because with some jackets the pocket is deep enough to have the glasses go far in and be hard to get out when I need them. I prefer this to other pockets because I often have other stuff in those (my phone, my headphones (airpod case), keys, etc.) that could ding them up.