Thread: Tech short option?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1042 Post(s)

Tech short option?

So I tried on some j crew factory tech shorts and I am a fan. They seem to be excluded from every recent promo though and hover at $30. I am not opposed to $30 but I try to be as frugal a shopper as I can so I thought I would ask around a little for other options. Anybody found anything in the $20 range that was acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    167 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    So I tried on some j crew factory tech shorts and I am a fan. They seem to be excluded from every recent promo though and hover at $30. I am not opposed to $30 but I try to be as frugal a shopper as I can so I thought I would ask around a little for other options. Anybody found anything in the $20 range that was acceptable?
    Not sure if these hit your price point, but:
    Champion C9 from Target.
    Lots of stuff at Sierra Trading Post.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    If you want casual shorts made of tech material, my favorite are the Core Temp shorts from Banana Republic. They are offered in a variety of lengths (I like the short ones!). They are pricey at $69.50, but Banana is almost always running a 40-50 percent off sale. If you have a Banana Credit card, you can get an additional 10 (sometimes 20) percent off. Granted, sometimes the Core Temp stuff is excluded from the sale, but often (like last week) it is not.

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...0&pcid=1020051

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I'm wearing my first pair of Core Temp chinos today for the first time. If the trousers are any indication, I will soon be buying ALL of the core temp shorts. They are exactly as Joe has advertised on the site.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1042 Post(s)
    I got a coupon in the mail so I picked up a few pair of the J Crew Factory this weekend. It put them at around $24 a pair. I like them so far. At some point I will get coretemps too, just to compare.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    I bought a pair of the Old Navy tech shorts. I have worn them once and they are great. Currently they are 30% off. https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produ...26072&pcid=999
    Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I’m happy with these from Amazon Essentials: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFGR71K..._ooG4CbF10B9R2

They’re sturdy with a bit of stretch and aren’t uncomfortable to move around in (squatting, etc.).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1042 Post(s)
    I took 3 pair down to Florida this weekend for a long weekend focused on my daughters college graduation. I was already a fan of them but came home a huge fan. I didn't swim in them yet but wearing them at the beach and around the pool, in 90 degree super humid weather, and in the car for 10 hours of driving...they were great. Getting splashed didnt soak me for hours, coffee spill wiped right off, and they dewrinkled easy from being shoved in my weekend backpack. I am fully on board this "tech material" explosion for anyone leading an active lifestyle or living in hot humid climates. I also wear them around the house a lot now because they dont pick up dog hair and are just as comfortable as my gym shorts.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1042 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theskillets View Post
    I bought a pair of the Old Navy tech shorts. I have worn them once and they are great. Currently they are 30% off. https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produ...26072&pcid=999
    I am going to keep an eye on the sales and snag some of these I think. Good looking out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I took 3 pair down to Florida this weekend for a long weekend focused on my daughters college graduation. I was already a fan of them but came home a huge fan.
    The JCF ones?

I am going to keep an eye on the sales and snag some of these I think. Good looking out.
    But those are nearly 80% cotton. I seriously doubt they will have the properties you're looking for, compared to the nylon/elastane JCF ones.

Has anyone tried the Target Goodfellow Hybrid Swim Shorts for this purpose?

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=...+hybrid+shorts

They look promising.