Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where do you buy the majority of your casual clothing?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Most of my recent purchases have been from Banana Republic. Historically, BR hasnít really fit me all that well. But, they seem to really be working out for me in the past year or so. It also helps that my office building is near 2 BR stores. Iíve also purchased enough from the J. Crew in the ground floor of my office building that the employees know me and wave to me when I walk by.

PUMA (mainly from the online PUMA store) for sneakers and exercise wear.

Nordstrom for chinos and casual shoes (1901).

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    I need to get back in to checking out BR clothes. I wore a lot of BR years ago, but fell off the bandwagon as their clothes weren't doing much for me. From the sounds of it though they really have upped their game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    For me, itís the fit more than anything with BR. It was difficult to get clothes that fit me well, but for whatever reason, that has changed recently.

I cannot buy dress shirts from them, their S-M-L sizing just doesnít work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Lately I have been buying most of my stuff from BR, with the occasional Jcrew, Gustin, and Bonobos items.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Bonobos for jeans/chinos and Buck Mason for tshirts/henleys. That combo encompasses a large majority of my casual attire, not including buttondowns (some of which range to casual), outerwear or gym gear. I need to figure out chino shorts again this year, I've gone without ones I love for a year or two and want to remedy that.
    What do you think about Buck Mason's shirts? They are a company that always comes up in ads for me on Instagram and I have had a mild interest in checking them out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    30% J. Crew, 30% RW&Co (www.rw-co.com), 20% BR, 20% Others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ito View Post
    What do you think about Buck Mason's shirts? They are a company that always comes up in ads for me on Instagram and I have had a mild interest in checking them out.
    I'm pretty happy with them so far. Some I've had for a year, but I also don't wear tshirts a ton so I haven't worn them into the ground. Henleys are great but I've found the button sewing is a bit subpar. Redo those and they're my favorite shirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I'm also "outdoorsy" and spend a lot of time kayaking. R.E.I., Northface, Padagonia, etc. get a lot of my casual technical weekend warrior dollars. soft shell jackets, fleece, wool socks, layering pieces, quick-dry cargo pants, windbreakers....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    man it goes in phases when I first started to really care about my look used to be BR, then moved on to J Crew, now i'm totally in love with the fit and tailoring of Bonobos so that is replacing my whole wardrobe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Mostly J Crew and Target.

For work, it's mostly Nordstrom's Smartcare dress shirts, J Crew Bowery chinos, Tie Bar ties, and AE dress shoes. Fairly casual.