Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy the majority of your casual clothing?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Jeans - BR, Bonobos and Lucky Brand
    T-shirts and henleys - Buck Mason, Bonobos and jcrew
    Button Shirts - BR, Bonobos, Jcrew and a couple from Grand Frank
    Shorts - Bonobos (I like their slim fit shorts. Most brands are too wide in the legs for my taste). A few pairs of Lucky Brand Jorts (a fashion faux pas, I know)
    Shoes - Crown Northampton, Oliver Cabell, Greats (I have a big weakness for minimalist sneakers) and Chuck Taylors.
    Swim wear - Bonobos

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Most of my casual pants are from Gap and ON. Most of my shirts are from LL Bean. One of these days I'm going to visit a Brooks Brothers, figure out my fit, and drop some coin on a collection of OCBDs, but it hasn't happened yet.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Interesting to see SuSu and AE showing up for casual.

I need to figure out a path for OCBDs again too. Had been ordering them from Ratio (same as my dress shirts), but have never been fully satisfied with their collars.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    My office started allowing jeans everyday so now my on and off duty wardrobe is the same. Macys, BB, Polo, BR, plus football and band t-shirts.

My daily uniform,regardless of situation, is chinos/jeans, polo/button down, and light unconstructed blazer. Shorts are worn infrequently but when I do they're cut off chinos from the same brands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Depends on the kind of casual we're talking here.

My work allows pretty much anything, but I've started doing what I consider a more dressy casual (button-down shirts/polos/etc, with chinos or jeans mostly; no graphic t-shirts). For this, there's no real majority, but more of a mix of Gap, BR, Bonobos, JCrew, Target and Uniqlo. Denim is usually Levi's or Gustin.

Weekend casual, it's either BR Travelers or shorts from Target mostly. Shirts tend to be either band tshirts bought at concerts or shirts from my favorite sports teams (the Indians in baseball and Niners in football).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    251 Post(s)
    JCrew and Banana Republic probably make up 90% of my wardrobe period, with a few items from Uniqlo, Target, and Abercrombie.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2081 Post(s)
    My casual wardrobe is all over the place tbh. I've got t-shirts from J.Crew and Lululemon, polos from Kent Wang and S&M, henleys and shorts and SS shirts from Target/Goodfellow, jeans from Levi's and Prana, chinos from Eddie Bauer, swimwear from Sundek. I guess Target predominates mostly by virtue of being cheap and convenient (I can try on and buy things in-person rather than ordering online like I have to do with most brands).
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    A plurality of my weekend casual stuff comes from J.Crew. Hits the sweet spot of being a step up from low end (especially the Wallace and Barnes stuff) but not super expensive - shirts, jackets of various types, and casual sportcoats. For example, I’m wearing a Wallace and Barnes made-in-the-USA Type II selvedge trucker most days lately. I always get stuff on sale, of course...

Otherwise it’s miscellaneous but consistent - stand up shorts from Patagonia, Adidas BW Army or Onitsuka Tiger Colorado 85 sneakers, Levis 501 rigid shrink-to-fit denim. But J.Crew is the common thread for me.
    Mark

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1455 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    JCrew and Banana Republic probably make up 90% of my wardrobe period, with a few items from Uniqlo, Target, and Abercrombie.
    Uniqlo is starting to make up more and more of my wardrobe.

I see a some love on here for S&M shirts, which makes me think I need to give them a try. Especially now that Joe has indicated they are having a 10a. sale going on.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quoted
    639 Post(s)
    i think it's nearly all j crew.