Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy the majority of your casual clothing?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1016 Post(s)
    j crew factory, old navy. Used to be target but not as much anymore, for no particular reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Most of my stuff - nicer and casual is Bonobos. I like their tailor stretch chinos for pants. I've tried their jeans, but I didn't like them, so the jeans I have our 7's (though I rarely wear jeans anymore for some reason). I have a lot of their washed button downs, but the newer ones seem to be dipping in quality, so I've been on the look out for a new brand for these type of shirts. I have a probably 5 of their Riviera shirts too.
    Of my casual wear, I think the chinos are the only item that I will pay full price for (even then I prefer not to). I have a Guideshop by me, that I'll check out from time to and get a few items during their 50% final sale sales. Over the winter, I picked up like 4 shirts (3 washed button downs, 1 Riviera) for less than $100. Retail was over $350 on those.
    For shirts - I've been wearing Vineyard Vines breaker shorts. They are their tech ones. I like the fit and look. Look like normal shorts but as comfortable as gym shorts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I don't think any brand would represent 50% +1.

A pretty even mix between Gap, Banana Republic and J.Crew.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    475 Post(s)
    Brooks Brothers, J. Crew, Banana Republic, and Charles Tyrwhitt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Probably 50% BR, 20% Bonobos, 10% GAP, 10% J Crew, 10% Express.
    T-shirts come from a lot of different places, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesape View Post
    Most of my stuff - nicer and casual is Bonobos. I like their tailor stretch chinos for pants. I've tried their jeans, but I didn't like them, so the jeans I have our 7's (though I rarely wear jeans anymore for some reason). I have a lot of their washed button downs, but the newer ones seem to be dipping in quality, so I've been on the look out for a new brand for these type of shirts. I have a probably 5 of their Riviera shirts too.
    Of my casual wear, I think the chinos are the only item that I will pay full price for (even then I prefer not to). I have a Guideshop by me, that I'll check out from time to and get a few items during their 50% final sale sales. Over the winter, I picked up like 4 shirts (3 washed button downs, 1 Riviera) for less than $100. Retail was over $350 on those.
    For shirts - I've been wearing Vineyard Vines breaker shorts. They are their tech ones. I like the fit and look. Look like normal shorts but as comfortable as gym shorts.
    Was this an end of year/holiday sale? I'd like to do an initial purchase of several items and get the 20% on a larger order, but I'm wondering if waiting of a sale might be the better way to go.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    281 Post(s)
    Suitsupply, Bonobos, Allen Edmonds, Kamakura.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1001 Post(s)
    Jeans - Levi's - 3 pairs of 501s though I am eyeing some Blackhorse Lane jeans
    Shirts - S&M for anything with buttons. T-shirts are a mix of misc. cotton ones and LuLuLemon
    Shorts - I tend to wear my black running shorts in the summer. I have some JCF ones from a while ago but don't wear them much

Interesting to see the mix here. JCF still getting a lot of play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Lots of Bonobos, bunch of Jcrew, some BR, a dash of Express, plus a smattering of other random stuff! (Gustin, Gap, Old Navy, etc.) Shoes are mostly AE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Was this an end of year/holiday sale? I'd like to do an initial purchase of several items and get the 20% on a larger order, but I'm wondering if waiting of a sale might be the better way to go.
    I don't think it was tied to an end of year or holiday sale. I could be wrong, but I feel like they somewhat randomly do final sales. I'm sure they are trying to clear out seasonal items.
    I looked at my order history, and the 4 shirt order was from mid/late March. I'm guessing the three washed button downs were more of their "winter" style though two of them are really just the ol' standard red check shirts. One does have like deer on it or something, so that is likely a winter one. The Riviera was probably a hold over from the previous spring/summer. Those are interesting shirts, but very specific and a bit pricey for what they are and the likely limited wear rate (if you see someone you don't see often in it twice, they will notice), so I'm guessing they have a decent stockpile they need to rid themselves of each season.
    Big caveat on final sales. They are truly final - no returns. You better only buy stuff that you know will fit, and that you know you like. I have enough of their clothes that I know what will work. The cheapness of the final sale has allowed me to take some chances though. I feel like their quality control has been shitty for the past couple of years leading to the same shirt/same size not fitting the same as others. All three of those washed shirts are slim fit mediums. The deer one is noticeably different in the fit. You'd think it was closer to the tailored fit. I got it for like $20-$25, so I can deal with not loving the fit. I would have returned it if it wasn't on final sale.