Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for watch options with chrono and external bezel

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1043 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Some of the colors are a little cheaper on Amazon, I think I've seen as low as $265. The black one is $282 on Amazon currently. If you're a member of REI you could wait for one of their 20% off one full-priced item sales although I don't think they're going to have another one until probably July or something.
    a smart man would do that, as I am a member. I tend to lean more on the impractical and impulsive side though.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1043 Post(s)
    Some of the colors are a little cheaper on Amazon, I think I've seen as low as $265. The black one is $282 on Amazon currently. If you're a member of REI you could wait for one of their 20% off one full-priced item sales although I don't think they're going to have another one until probably July or something.
    you have smaller wrists right? happen to have an on wrist shot? I am less worried about the case and more worried about tons of extra strap.

Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2012 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    you have smaller wrists right? happen to have an on wrist shot? I am less worried about the case and more worried about tons of extra strap.
    I’ve got tiny 6” wrists. I can post a wrist shot later. There is no excess strap with this watch - a lot of Casios, on the other hand, I literally have to cut off excess strap length so it doesn’t look dumb.
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1043 Post(s)
    I’ve got tiny 6” wrists. I can post a wrist shot later. There is no excess strap with this watch - a lot of Casios, on the other hand, I literally have to cut off excess strap length so it doesn’t look dumb.
    Mine are 6.5 and I have the same issue with a lot of straps. I usually end up getting a raf or nato and trimming it. Dang it. This is more than I was intending but it's looking better and better. Does it get calendar notifications by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    If you're a member of REI you could wait for one of their 20% off one full-priced item sales although I don't think they're going to have another one until probably July or something.
    REI anniversary sale starts Friday, which includes a 20% off single item for members. I'm pretty sure GPS stuff will be excluded though if the past is any guidance.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1347 Post(s)
    Garmin watch wise, I have the Forrunner 235. I think I paid in the $225 CDN range on a Boxing Day sale several years ago. The watch has been a taken and it's great for running, hiking, etc. Pretty much anything outdoors. I even used the watch as I rode my bike in a pinch because my bike computer (also a Garmin) was dead.

I realize the price may be a bit more than you're willing to spend, but for me the Garmin has been a good investment.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1043 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forcemajeure View Post
    REI anniversary sale starts Friday, which includes a 20% off single item for members. I'm pretty sure GPS stuff will be excluded though if the past is any guidance.
    just got the mailer and am checking into it.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1043 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Garmin watch wise, I have the Forrunner 235. I think I paid in the $225 CDN range on a Boxing Day sale several years ago. The watch has been a taken and it's great for running, hiking, etc. Pretty much anything outdoors. I even used the watch as I rode my bike in a pinch because my bike computer (also a Garmin) was dead.

I realize the price may be a bit more than you're willing to spend, but for me the Garmin has been a good investment.
    thats kind of what has me thinking. I ahve been flirting with a triple sensor and a fitness tracker for a while now. This may just cover a couple of bases for me. I am going to let it marinate for a week or so to avoid an impulse buy, but its looking promising.