Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding suit rental or purchase- dark green

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Be careful about renting, especially if you don't fit really well into standard sizes/cuts. Fit is more important than colour, and I assume you can't really adjust a rental.

That said, green can be great. Banana Republic had a swell green linen-cotton suit in 2017, in that price bracket -- GQ has an article on it. And here's someone who wore green to a wedding: https://www.articlesofstyle.com/articles/post/77584 .

Just make sure you're being married for more than your greens!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liontime19 View Post
    Getting married in about a year (march/april 2020). Been to many weddings at this point and haven't seen anyone rock the dark green suit.
    I think this look https://stitchandtie.com/green-notch-lapel-suit is pretty fresh and different.
    That's a gorgeous colour and would look fantastic on a car; actually, I think Toyota just came out with a limited edition GT86 in that colour.

The problem is that it's quite vibrant, despite the dark shade. Green will already stand out, and that particular blue-based tone will do so even more. It's a statement piece so you have to decide if you want to draw attention every time you wear it. In a creative industry where nobody would blink at white sneakers and a suit you could get away with it. Anyplace expecting more formality or less individual expression than that, and you're a sore thumb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi. I don't know you, but I did get married once (and still am, almost 21 years later). Try to keep in mind that this day is going to be memorialized in photos and on video, and of course online. Your family and friends are going to be there, as well as your spouse's family and friends. Think about the impression you're going to leave on your guests, some of whom you don't really know. If you feel, deep down, that a green suit is the way you want to go, then do it, but maybe try to find a way to get just what you want. It may be worth it go to custom-made if you can find a way to do it that's within your budget. I bought a suit and shoes (total almost $800, back in 1998) because I wanted to look right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the passenger View Post
    Hi. I don't know you, but I did get married once (and still am, almost 21 years later). Try to keep in mind that this day is going to be memorialized in photos and on video, and of course online. Your family and friends are going to be there, as well as your spouse's family and friends. Think about the impression you're going to leave on your guests, some of whom you don't really know. If you feel, deep down, that a green suit is the way you want to go, then do it, but maybe try to find a way to get just what you want. It may be worth it go to custom-made if you can find a way to do it that's within your budget. I bought a suit and shoes (total almost $800, back in 1998) because I wanted to look right.
    I appreciate the advice. always good to get that perspective. I think i threw people off with the first pick, but also have realize over the last couple days that I am looking for a VERY dark green. in that it would be tough to tell its green in certain lighting. My goal is not to pop at the wedding but maybe spark a "hey is that green?"

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    I personally like the dark green suit look, but there are not many options out there. It's honestly a little less played out version of the midnight blue wedding tux craze over the past few years.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    I personally like the dark green suit look, but there are not many options out there. It's honestly a little less played out version of the midnight blue wedding tux craze over the past few years.

FWIW, I was going to go with the dark green suit/tux, but ultimately went with a black custom. Just more useful and suitable for a wedding.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1364 Post(s)
    Once you pick up your suit, please post some images/shots. Cheers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Gotta be honest, I own a green wool suit that's more on the olive side. There are so many shades of green that I don't think you can totally dismiss it. For business, no but for pleasure, a night on the town or Christmas(had to go there), I think you could find a shade to live with.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Check out Indochino - they normally have a few different green options when fall season comes out.
    twitter: @adg_ca
    instagram: @adg_ca

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)
    It's your day, you do you. Wear a caftan and top hat if you want.

Suitsupply might have something in that color, or indochino. I think it would be tough to find a brick and mortar with this for an in person though.