Thread: Wanted: Rolex Explorer II Homage

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Wanted: Rolex Explorer II Homage

Good afternoon All -

Long time lurker, first time poster.

The title of the thread is pretty clear - I'm in the market for a Rolex Explorer II homage watch. Really, anything with a 24 hour bezel, and bold white face on a bracelet is preferable. The only option I'm turning up is an Invicta homage, but I haven't had luck with the Submariner homage. I did find a Seiko, but can't find it in stock anywhere.

Price ceiling is probably $300ish.

Any recommendations would be great. Thanks Gents.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    660 Post(s)
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    If you like the black face, and an actual GMT movement to boot, check these out:

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/d...e-gmt-neu.html

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    662 Post(s)
    i've had great luck with maybe 6 or 7 invicta watches i've bought. i'm super cheap but i love them and they keep ticking.

Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2114 Post(s)
    Not an homage but this watch has struck me as having many similar aesthetic characteristics to the Polar Explorer II - stark white dial, steel bezel with black print, hands and markers in black, a bright accent color (bright blue instead of orange or red), oyster-ish bracelet.

https://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Chronog...gateway&sr=8-3

Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)
    https://www.bernhardtwatch.com/colle...e-gmt-ii-white

Close, but out of budget

Steinhart made a few different white face styles at one point. The Aramar ocean 1 gmt was one of them.

I would check watchrecon for used versions of those two. You might get lucky.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1153 Post(s)
    Bernhardt makes a great watch by all accounts. That would be a solid choice.

Invicta does make a Explorer II homage but I dont know the modle off the top of my head. I am a big supporter of the 8926 pro diver but thats the only invicta I have any experience with.

Tiger Concept also makes some nice homages for a reasonable price. Check them out and see if any of them ring your bell.
    http://www.tiger-concept.com/

Parnis and Debert are Ebay homage brands that people like but its always a "for the money, this is good" and they arent expensive. So dont expect a world beating watch, just a fun watch for the small coin you put out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    https://www.bernhardtwatch.com/colle...e-gmt-ii-white

Close, but out of budget

Steinhart made a few different white face styles at one point. The Aramar ocean 1 gmt was one of them.

I would check watchrecon for used versions of those two. You might get lucky.

Wow, that is a great looking timepiece. I'm wondering if I could stretch my budget to get there... I've never heard of watchrecon, so I'll definitely take a look!

Thanks all, loving the suggestions.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    660 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    Bernhardt makes a great watch by all accounts. That would be a solid choice.

Invicta does make a Explorer II homage but I dont know the modle off the top of my head. I am a big supporter of the 8926 pro diver but thats the only invicta I have any experience with.

Tiger Concept also makes some nice homages for a reasonable price. Check them out and see if any of them ring your bell.
    http://www.tiger-concept.com/

Parnis and Debert are Ebay homage brands that people like but its always a "for the money, this is good" and they arent expensive. So dont expect a world beating watch, just a fun watch for the small coin you put out.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbillythekid View Post
    Wow, that is a great looking timepiece. I'm wondering if I could stretch my budget to get there... I've never heard of watchrecon, so I'll definitely take a look!

Thanks all, loving the suggestions.
    Agree--that's very striking.

The Seiko posted by @LesserBlackDog is as well. Except for saying Seiko in giant letters. I'm not sure why I don't like that.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    268 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Agree--that's very striking.

The Seiko posted by @LesserBlackDog is as well. Except for saying Seiko in giant letters. I'm not sure why I don't like that.
    Because Seiko is known for budget watches? Thing is, they're known for QUALITY cheap watches, so I'd rather my watch say Seiko than some unknown brand. But that's just me.

I get it though.

Personally, homages aren't my thing, and I'd go for the Ball shown, as it's really it's on thing, and Ball has some real history of it's own. But that's blowing the budget listed by just a bit.