Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Core Temp Explosion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I have a pair of the core temp shorts that I like a lot. I rarely wear shorts, but they look good while still being really flexible. I wore them hiking this weekend and then wore them in a hotspring. They dried relatively quickly afterwards.
    I might get a pair of the glacier gray pants next time they're on a 50% off sale.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @Geo I have never seen or tried the pants on. But as you point out, they are getting a lot of love here so I figured I'd give them a shot and at least take a look at them.

@mochi123 you're right about the tech trend. As someone who likes wear natural fibres as much as possible, I wonder what my feelings will be like to the tech fibres. I bought a couple of pique polos from Uniqlo, so I'm dipping my toe in.
    Maybe I'm a bit of a slow adopter. I recently got BR's Rapid Movement jeans and my mind is absolutely blown on how flexible and comfortable they are. I'm looking for a new pair of chinos, and figured I'll go with same Rapid Movement chinos, and I'm a little iffy about Core Temp, which is even techier.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1308 Post(s)
    I wore a pair of Uniqlo Kando pants recently and found the experience interesting. The material definitely felt different than what I'm used to. I need to wear them a few more times to get figure out if i like them or not. I will say this though. The pants definitely felt light, which hopefully translates in to feeling cool while walking to and from the office in the summer heat.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    As someone who's dying any time the temp gets above 60F outside, my core temp chinos are my favorite pair of pants. They fit well, they make me feel more comfortable and thermally regulated. I'm planning to pick up some of the core temp shorts.
    How are they, appearance and feel of the fabric wise? I'm looking for a "do it all" medium gray chinos to go with both casual and business situations, and if they are the sheen-y feeling fabrics that scream polyester when you feel them, then it wouldn't be the best fit in a professional environment, even with a more muted color blazer. In that case, I would probably consider more "normal-tech" chinos, like Rapid Movement line.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mochi123 View Post
    How are they, appearance and feel of the fabric wise? I'm looking for a "do it all" medium gray chinos to go with both casual and business situations, and if they are the sheen-y feeling fabrics that scream polyester when you feel them, then it wouldn't be the best fit in a professional environment, even with a more muted color blazer. In that case, I would probably consider more "normal-tech" chinos, like Rapid Movement line.
    They have a slight techy sheen and feel, but I have no problem wearing them in a business casual environment. They don't scream tech pants. They can easily pass as chinos.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Pulled the trigger on the navy blazer in the latest 40% off sale. Once I get it, I'll post my review. I agree with Mr. Charles, I have a couple pair that I wear regularly in a business casual (leaning toward the business end of the spectrum) work environment, and they pass flawlessly. I also have a couple pairs of the rapid movements...those are identical to traditional chinos. As in, you can't tell at ALL. The core temps, as Mr. Charles said do have an ever so slight tech sheen. If I had one complaint about them, it'd be that they get a bit of a tech wrinkle pattern...kinda hard to explain.

The advantage of core temps over the rapid movements is that they are BY FAR lighter and more breathable. I'll let you know what I think of the blazer...I love the chinos, but I'm skeptical of the blazer.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mochi123 View Post
    Maybe I'm a bit of a slow adopter. I recently got BR's Rapid Movement jeans and my mind is absolutely blown on how flexible and comfortable they are. I'm looking for a new pair of chinos, and figured I'll go with same Rapid Movement chinos, and I'm a little iffy about Core Temp, which is even techier.
    The rapid movement chinos are good, but imo, not as good as the rapid movement jeans. They only seem about half as flexible. However, like the rapid movement jeans, they DO look identical to non-stretchy versions, so it's not like you can go wrong buying a pair. Just be warned you may be like "meh", and wish you'd have spent the money on another pair of the rm jeans.