Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dappered Hiking Men out there- clothing recs

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    319 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    to all of you that have the Prada Brion, how do you find the fit? Amazon's color choice in my preferred size is slim and on the top end of the price scale.
    I think you'll be happy. It's not a skinny slim, plus it's stretchy. It is still vanity sized, a 32 fits and still needs a belt for my 34" actual waist. Plus, free returns.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1044 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    It is still vanity sized, a 32 fits and still needs a belt for my 34" actual waist. Plus, free returns.
    Thats what I was lookign for. I am usually a 31 with a little room so I might give a 30 a shot.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    to all of you that have the Prada Brion, how do you find the fit? Amazon's color choice in my preferred size is slim and on the top end of the price scale.
    I like the fit. I especially like the way it fits in the rear. Usually I have an issue with pants being too baggy there even if they fit and these are spot on.

I'm going to give them a field test tomorrow on a hike and if I like them I will be back to Amazon for another pair or two,.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)
    I’m sort of stupidly old school - if I know I’ll be wet-wading on a fly fishing hike, I’ll go with a pair of synthetic hiking pants (many brands, including Prana, available to try on at your local REI). Otherwise, it’s cotton cargo pants - I like stashing snacks, sunblock, and little stuff in the thigh pockets. Works great in the Sierra Nevada and Coastal California mountains in decent weather.
    Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I recently just played golf and did some hiking in the Proof Rover pants form huckberry. I found them to be really sturdy and tech/performance without the "whoosh whoosh" sound of your pants rubbing against each other.
    Would recommend, i know they get a bad rep since falling under huckberry roof but i dont know why?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)
    I have a pair of garden-variety pants from Columbia that have held up very well. I think that they are Royce Peak II pants. They just look like plain jane chinos from a distance. Shown here on me during an actual hike...

Mark

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Avid backpacker and hiker here who recently came back from a year traveling the world, with the trip focused on long treks and epic hikes.

Pants - Prana Brion. Hands down, end the search here . Flexible, quick drying, sweat wicking, breathable, and doesn't look "tech". I wore these pants to dinner, clubs, bars, and did 10 day backpacking trips through the Peruvian Andes with them. They feel equally at home everywhere. I'll never buy a different pair of hiking pants again.

Shirt - Smartwool NTS 150 long sleeve shirt. They're pricey at $85 a pop for full price, but I always wait for the sales where they drop to 48-55. Breathable, doesn't smell even if you haven't washed it for 3-5 days and have sweated in it non-stop, even if you're a heavy sweater (yes, voice of experience). They look good, come in a variety of colors, I usually roll up the sleeves but they're nice to roll down when it gets chilly or if you want to keep the sun off.

Underwear - wool underwear, while pricey, is absolutely amazing for the same smell-free, temperature and moisture regulating properties.

Sun hat - the one thing I haven't found a variant of that's not completely hikerish/nerdy if you want it to really work well. But functionality > looks outdoors.