Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fellas letís talk about layering in warmer months

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    In spring and fall we are int he 70s for daytime but it can dip down to the 50s in the evening so I layer so that I can ride with the top down. and my wife likes it way warmer than me so I often have a layer to get rid of when she cranks the heat to 85. In these in between months I usually go for a tank top (not undershirt) and a long sleeve lightweight shirt for road trips. Then a Harrington as a top layer. Or a short sleeve button up and a fleece zip up jacket. I always keep a sweatshirt in the jeep for an extra layer if needed. But just for every day, not really.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)
    When it's sufficiently hot I don't layer unless I'm at the office in a situation that requires it. At night, if temps cool down sufficiently, I'll throw on an extra layer - usually a light sweatshirt, long sleeved T, or some sort of lightweight casual jacket - denim or light cotton. In the summer here in DC it doesn't cool down enough, even at night, to require layering.
    ďClothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.Ē Ė Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I wish I could comfortably wear layers in warm/hot weather, because I'm very fair and have already had one carcinoma removed from my forehead. But it just gets too hot and humid, so I stick to warm-weather shirt fabrics and keep my sleeves rolled down while I'm outside, and I always wear a hatóout of necessity I've built a nice collection of Panama-style hats. I do wear undershirts, always, because it's easier to replace those when they get gross.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    only time in the months considered 'warmer months' where i'm layering up is when we're camping at yellowstone in may.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Was thinking about this today, since the high hit low 80s where I live. I kind of dislike wearing just slacks and a shirt - it makes me feel like a waiter or bank teller or something - but I also run hot so if it's 80+ I'm probably gonna take my sports coat off, carry it over my arm on the way to work, and then hang it in my office, which seems kind of pointless. Curious what the rest of you do in that scenario.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    314 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Was thinking about this today, since the high hit low 80s where I live. I kind of dislike wearing just slacks and a shirt - it makes me feel like a waiter or bank teller or something - but I also run hot so if it's 80+ I'm probably gonna take my sports coat off, carry it over my arm on the way to work, and then hang it in my office, which seems kind of pointless. Curious what the rest of you do in that scenario.
    In my early years (first or two years), I was mildly addicted to wearing a sport coat. I definitely looked better in it and you could say I would feel insecured leaving the house without it. But overtime I got rid off that thought. Long time ago I was fine without it. People are fine without it. So now I have no problem wearing just pants and a shirt when it's hot.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    730 Post(s)
    if it's too hot to wear a jacket, i wear a polo. if need be, a polo with a jacket

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    waistcoat?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)
    I did the same thing but sort of have to because the tech guys keep our office freezing down to around 70 or lower. I've debated just leaving the jacket in the office but that hurts variety.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    730 Post(s)
    hate that i can wear a super lightweight paper thin blazer...but there's no casual jackets that are as thin