Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fellas letís talk about layering in warmer months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Fellas letís talk about layering in warmer months

Do you layer in the warmer months? If you do, what are some good layering options. Things that come to mind are cotton cardigans, linen jackets, truckers. My work place is more on the casual side so wearing a linen jacket might be a bit of an overkill. Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Having lived in very hot climates (Philippines, all of Florida, Houston), usually can't wear too much more than linen or cotton blazer. And that's realistically for just a half an hour to an hour outside in the summer. Indoors I can wear pretty much any of those items all day but the moment I go outside, I usually have to peel it off if I'm going to be out for more than 30 min.

I've thought of more breathable raincoats and what not but even then it gets a little stuffy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    311 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amitd79 View Post
    Do you layer in the warmer months? If you do, what are some good layering options. Things that come to mind are cotton cardigans, linen jackets, truckers. My work place is more on the casual side so wearing a linen jacket might be a bit of an overkill. Thanks!
    Nope, when it's above 80F. I used to, for the sake of looking good. I know my priority now.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Simple answer is no. Unless it's purposeful (e.g., a rain coat when it's raining or a light sweater or sweatshirt when/if it cools off at night) or required (suitcoat/sportcoat for work or similar event), I generally refuse to add layers to my body if it's hot. This is also somewhat guided by the fact that I live in NYC and take the subway, and the subway stations expound on the feel of the weather to the point it's pretty unbearable. At most, I put on a vest in the office if the AC is blasting more than the day's heat needs, but rarely does it go outside when I do.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)
    1st layer-skin
    2nd layer-sweat
    3rd layer-clothes, when appropriate

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2028 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    1st layer-skin
    2nd layer-sweat
    3rd layer-clothes, when mandatory
    FTFY
    Ben

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1360 Post(s)
    Considering where I live I'm layered up 80% of the time, that would be a hard NO!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    FTFY
    Thanks! Must have been autocorrect

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)
    I keep a sweater at my desk since the guys there think the office needs to be 70 or colder all the time but for going out and about ... nope. I don't need layers when it's warm.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quoted
    616 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amitd79 View Post
    Do you layer in the warmer months?

i don't even think it's 'warmer' here in boston yet, consistently. i'm already just wearing an oxford every day. maybe v neck undershirt. but that's it until it gets hotter.

when it gets hot i go to a short/long sleeve madras button down. often with an a-type undershirt instead.

the only time i'll put on a jacket is if i'm out on my scooter or motorcycle. maybe a rain coat if it rains.