Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Presentation attire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Presentation attire

Hello everyone, Iím a high school senior doing a presentation in front of my class and Iím debating whether I should have a gray pinstripe double breasted jacket and dress it down with navy chinos or use a single breasted navy blazer with green chinos. Suggestions are appreciated.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)
    If the pinstripe jacket is the top part of a suit, I definitely wouldn't do that.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    I would agree to pass on the double breasted jacket, regardless of it being a suit jacket. Thatís a very bold jacket to wear. The navy jacket with green pants would be a better option if itís not an orphaned suit jacket as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    Single breasted blazer and the green chinos if that's what you have. Hopefully no sneakers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sethtvaughn View Post
    I would agree to pass on the double breasted jacket, regardless of it being a suit jacket. Thatís a very bold jacket to wear. The navy jacket with green pants would be a better option if itís not an orphaned suit jacket as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's a high school young man making a presentation. I think it's ok if he uses an orphaned suit jacket.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    i'd also pass on the double breasted jacket for a high school presentation, seems a bit overkill. A single breasted navy jacket will look great for it.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    He's a high school young man making a presentation. I think it's ok if he uses an orphaned suit jacket.
    I agree here. I wouldnt stress too much over it if those are the 2 choices.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    If you want to do the pinstripe, then I'd wear it as a full suit. Otherwise, I think the chinos/blazer will look great. Best of luck on the presentation!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    I agree here. I wouldnt stress too much over it if those are the 2 choices.
    For his situation, if the jacket even sort of fits, if he manages to wear something remotely resembling a dress shoe with a belt that at least sort of matches, and if he wears anything other than a t-shirt under it, he's fine.

Unless this is a very specific thing like a debate tournament, in which case he really should acquire a suit, tie, dress shirt, and dress shoes, giving zero regard to quality, only decent fit. A $50 suit from Hagar with Payless oxfords and a Walmart dress shirt and tie would really be fine there.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1064 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    For his situation, if the jacket even sort of fits, if he manages to wear something remotely resembling a dress shoe with a belt that at least sort of matches, and if he wears anything other than a t-shirt under it, he's fine.

Unless this is a very specific thing like a debate tournament, in which case he really should acquire a suit, tie, dress shirt, and dress shoes, giving zero regard to quality, only decent fit. A $50 suit from Hagar with Payless oxfords and a Walmart dress shirt and tie would really be fine there.
    Agree. My boys have had dress attire needs and I usually go with something that fits and isnt too expensive, knowing they will grow out of it before they ever have a need to wear it again. Even at high school age because the freshman 15 is a real thing and it will ruin your tailored fit lol.