Thread: Meermin Hiro G (Wide) Sizing Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Meermin Hiro G (Wide) Sizing Question

I wear all my sneakers, running shoes, and casual shoes in 9.5 Wide. My Brannock size is 9, between E & EE. I tried on the Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue (65 last) in a 9E and they fit pretty well, a tiny bit loose around the heel and a bit snug in the forefoot width. I wore three random pairs of oxfords at DSW. Both 8.5D and 9.0D fit lengthwise on two pairs. On the third pair, the 8.5 was too short and I couldn’t even get my foot in.

What size should I get in the Meermin Hiro G (EEE) oxford cap toe? I'm torn between UK 8.0 and UK 8.5, but leaning towards UK 8.0.

Also, is the UK G in the Hiro similar to a US E or US EEE? They have it listed on the website as an EEE.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeexen View Post
    I wear all my sneakers, running shoes, and casual shoes in 9.5 Wide. My Brannock size is 9, between E & EE. I tried on the Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue (65 last) in a 9E and they fit pretty well, a tiny bit loose around the heel and a bit snug in the forefoot width. I wore three random pairs of oxfords at DSW. Both 8.5D and 9.0D fit lengthwise on two pairs. On the third pair, the 8.5 was too short and I couldn’t even get my foot in.

What size should I get in the Meermin Hiro G (EEE) oxford cap toe? I'm torn between UK 8.0 and UK 8.5, but leaning towards UK 8.0.

Also, is the UK G in the Hiro similar to a US E or US EEE? They have it listed on the website as an EEE.
    For what it's worth, I wear a 9.5D in the AE 65 last and 9 in the Hiro. So maybe a half size down might work. I tried out several pairs in their NYC store last year and took some notes on which sizes fit me based on the last. The Hiro and Rois lasts are a half size down from my AE size. Rui is a full size down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by batkins9 View Post
    For what it's worth, I wear a 9.5D in the AE 65 last and 9 in the Hiro. So maybe a half size down might work. I tried out several pairs in their NYC store last year and took some notes on which sizes fit me based on the last. The Hiro and Rois lasts are a half size down from my AE size. Rui is a full size down.
    Do you know if maybe you had to go down a half size because of the width? I heard the Hiro can feel a bit narrow. Or is the 9.5D AE 65 last similar in length as the 9.0 Hiro? I've scoured the Internet and I would say 75% of people do a full-size down and 25% go a half-size down. No universal answer so I guess it just depends on the person's feet.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    in my experience the Hiro-G width is similar if not a bit wider than the D width for Allen edmonds. I used to have a pair and ordered an 11uk in hiro G. I generally wear a 12D in AE.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I tried on some double monks on the hiro last and i could not buckle them...i just purchase them on the wide g and they fit perfect. I usually wear an 11.5D on all my AE's and got the same in the wide g

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper_B View Post
    I tried on some double monks on the hiro last and i could not buckle them...i just purchase them on the wide g and they fit perfect. I usually wear an 11.5D on all my AE's and got the same in the wide g
    So you got the 10.5 in Hiro-G?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    So you got the 10.5 in Hiro-G?
    Sorry, yes 10.5 uk

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk