Not sure how this topic will fly on this manly of man website, but here goes.

It occurred to me this morning, as I looked in the mirror between reps at the gym, that mental health is HUGELY importantly to not only my style, but my life. In speaking with friends (and even family) many of them discount the small things that can have a HUGE impact on our mental health and outlook.

I have cut back on the volume of booze I've been drinking (and it seems like I'm not alone too) and I think that has had a big impact on my mental health. I just feel better about myself.

Another thing that has me feeling good is weight and diet. Anyone who's been on on the weight loss thread knows that losing some weight at the start of the year was a goal of mine. That loss of 10 lbs, plus regularly going to the gym has meant that I am looking better - not that I looked bad before. But looking better means that I am feeling better. Mentally and physically.

So where am I going with this post? Good question, and I don't really know.

I guess I just wanted to share my journey and see what's worked for you guys. How do you look after your mental health? What are you doing to stay positive and have a happy outlook on life? Doing the above small changes has given me a much better, more positive outlook. I find that starting the day feeling good about who I am, and where I am, means I'm able to take the bumps in life better. If that makes any sense.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Thanks for reading.