Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suit for graduation/grad school??

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1066 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddingPT47 View Post
    Yeah, the idea is to wear the jacket for pictures with family and friends before graduation, take it off for the actual ceremony, and probably wear it after the ceremony for dinner. I remember even my high school graduation got very hot with all of us crowded in together, and I just wore a shirt and tie under my gown for that. And I think a medium grey from Spier and Mackay will probably work best for me overall. Thanks!
    Charcoal and navy will get you pretty far. Spier & Mackay's charcoal is pretty dark, I mean charcoal itself is dark, but mid-gray can be all over the board. If you have a couple product questions, there is a S&M thread in the vendor forum area and they may be happy to snap some real life pictures before purchase.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddingPT47 View Post
    Yeah, the idea is to wear the jacket for pictures with family and friends before graduation, take it off for the actual ceremony, and probably wear it after the ceremony for dinner. I remember even my high school graduation got very hot with all of us crowded in together, and I just wore a shirt and tie under my gown for that. And I think a medium grey from Spier and Mackay will probably work best for me overall. Thanks!
    At least with my family they wanted the cap and gown pictures.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Charcoal is probably the most versatile