Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your lounge-wear essentials?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)
    Cold weather: sweat pants and a hoodie

Warm weather: board shorts, nothing else

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    416 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I've no need to wear my gym clothes when lounging.

I stick to fleece jammypants, or if I may have to do a chore or three I'll toss on the ol' 2% stretch Levis.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    I feel like we need a home temperature thread. How are y'all wearing fleece and flannel in modern housing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Sweat shorts and old Tees. If it's cold inside, may be a sweater or hoodie.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I feel like we need a home temperature thread. How are y'all wearing fleece and flannel in modern housing?
    Before we moved in with my inlaws while we finish our remodel, we kept the house at 62 during the day in winter and 58 at night. We would turn it up to 68 for company. Summer meant a 74/68 split. I will say that house had older HVAC, and likely wasn't the most efficient. The new place has boiler heat, so a whole different animal.

As far as loungewear, in the winter I'm in a pair of slim (non-jogger) sweats, a wool tee, a shawl collar cardigan and UGG slippers. Summer means the same tee, track shorts and pair of Toms reserved for indoor use only.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    460 Post(s)
    Being cheap? My mom used to always say cold? Put on a layer. Warm take off a layer or go play in the basement.

I’m sure post kid it would change. But before the kid it’s mid 60s in winter 78 in summer. We’d blast it a bit before bed to cool the house down. But as my mom always said “ we don’t work for the electric company” haha
    Last edited by hockeysc23; April 10th, 2019 at 12:34 PM.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.C View Post
    Before we moved in with my inlaws while we finish our remodel, we kept the house at 62 during the day in winter and 58 at night. We would turn it up to 68 for company. Summer meant a 74/68 split. I will say that house had older HVAC, and likely wasn't the most efficient. The new place has boiler heat, so a whole different animal.

As far as loungewear, in the winter I'm in a pair of slim (non-jogger) sweats, a wool tee, a shawl collar cardigan and UGG slippers. Summer means the same tee, track shorts and pair of Toms reserved for indoor use only.
    Our HVAC is new but our windows are 60yrs old. We are lucky that we have a lot of tree cover so the blazing hot sun doesn't bake our house otherwise we would have invested in newer windows by now but $20K+ expensive is a hard one to bite.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Being cheap? My mom used to always say cold? Out on a layer. Warm take off a layer or go play in the basement.

I’m sure post kid it would change. But before the kid it’s mid 60s in winter 78 in summer. We’d blast it a bit before bed to cool the house down. But as my mom always said “ we don’t work for the electric company” haha
    Moms always have good phrases. I have no idea what temp we keep it in the winter but the summer we like it cooler at night and comfortable during the day so maybe 71 or something like that. I confess that my wife controls the thermostat unless I am warm going to bed....f that.

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    Says the guy from Nashville where the temps in December are 10 degrees C

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Says the guy from Nashville where the temps in December are 10 degrees C
    I forgot you live in an igloo

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    I'll tell you what my loungewear essentials aren't. Pants.