Thread: Brooks Brother Sale?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Brooks Brother Sale?

Does anyone know if Brooks Brothers ever has a regularly scheduled sale? I want to try their shirts but $92-$98 per seems a bit pricey considering their clearance section does 4 for $199.
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yes, a co-worker of mine goes to BB every year on black Friday to one of their outlets and buys their shirts for $25 a piece. That is worth waiting for.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)
    I'm not in tune with when the big ones happen, but they definitely run sales. I'd recommend subscribing to their email list. I just went back and looked through some of my promotional emails from them, and they just came off a 20% sale. Then scrolling back to the end of March they apparently had a 3 shirts for $169 thing. I don't think the sales are quite as ever-present like Gap/BR, but they're definitely out there. I want to say they ran like a 40% off shirts sale back around Christmas.

(I've been toying with the idea of nabbing a few BB OCBDs, but want to go into a store to figure out my fit and size)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks Deke, the mailing list thing is a good idea!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCashhh View Post
    Yes, a co-worker of mine goes to BB every year on black Friday to one of their outlets and buys their shirts for $25 a piece. That is worth waiting for.
    I believe that many, if not most, of the outlet shirts are made specifically for the outlet. I have read that the outlet lines are of lesser quality. They may be just fine for what you are looking for, just something to be aware of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    They had 4 for $200 a few weeks ago.

Most of the outlet stuff is the “346” line, although you will occasionally find a main line piece in there.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)
    Your best bet is just shopping in the 4/$199 section. They're all shirts from last season or summer of last year, and they recycle the patterns anyway. I've gotten most of mine that way.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)
    Suggest getting on the BB snail mail list as well. Just today I received a coupon for $100 off $300. Also, in the last year, I picked up a couple of 1818 suits for about $500 each. I think you just need to keep checking the clearance section.

And right now here's tons of shirts on sale for 4/$199 as noted by a couple of posters above.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    They have big semi annual sales. July and December usually.

edit: outlets usually only carry a sub-line which is hot garbage.