Thread: Prom Tux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Prom Tux

Prom is coming up at my high school and I would like to buy a tuxedo this time instead of renting one. For my tux, I would like it done custom, but I have a very tight budget. Does anybody know where I can get a custom tuxedo for under $200

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2027 Post(s)
    $200 is pretty cheap even for a RTW tux. MTM/bespoke is probably out of the picture unless you are real good friends with a tailor in Hong Kong or something.
    Ben

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    $200 is pretty cheap even for a RTW tux. MTM/bespoke is probably out of the picture unless you are real good friends with a tailor in Hong Kong or something.
    I know this is a delayed response but have you tried something pre-owned? Grailed, Poshmark, eBay etc?
    Using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeh5335 View Post
    Prom is coming up at my high school and I would like to buy a tuxedo this time instead of renting one. For my tux, I would like it done custom, but I have a very tight budget. Does anybody know where I can get a custom tuxedo for under $200
    It's been a minute bud, but if you're prom hasn't already passed, Joe has you covered:

https://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?siteid...gn=th9ILo5LtqE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have. As of now me and my date are very tight money wise. I have a 3 piece charcoal suit and she said it would be fine

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeh5335 View Post
    I have. As of now me and my date are very tight money wise. I have a 3 piece charcoal suit and she said it would be fine
    Probably for the best. High School prom in the grand scheme of life is not an event worth blowing money on. It seems important at the time but you may look back at all the outfits years from now and go what were we thinking.