Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who does their hair everyday?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Thanks for the quality responses! I feel inspired to spend a little time taking care of my hair now :-)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Another Imperial Barber matte pomade user here. I do my hair every time I'm showering, and if I go a day without taking a shower in the morning I'll make sure my hair gets a little rework as needed to avoid bedhead. My hair is longer, so it can get wacky if I sleep on it wrong. Occasional exception if its a weekend and I'm running errands wearing a hat, going to the gym, etc.

That being said, what type of hair and/or occupation do you have where you don't need to have your hair done? For what it's worth, it helps with confidence to know your hair is on point (very similar to knowing your fit is right).
    Try a PhD student who has finished classes and spends most of their time at home researching :-) It's actually probably one of the main reasons I don't do my hair, because right now, I don't get out much.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    I've always been pretty fastidious about my hair. Thick Asian hair doesn't behave very well unless you do something to it. I wore it short for many years, but recently started growing it out a bit. I had to alter my techniques to keep under control. I only shampoo once a week and do a conditioner rinse on most days. I've played around with different products and have switched from American Male hair gel to one of their sculpting waxes. (They have a ton of different products and I can't remember the name of the one I use.) Their hair gel worked great when my hair was short, but it gets stiff and crunchy if you use too much of it.
    Similar situation here. How is the texture of your hair? Mine is very thick, but wavy, which looks rather messy when it gets longer without products.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aręte View Post
    Try a PhD student who has finished classes and spends most of their time at home researching :-) It's actually probably one of the main reasons I don't do my hair, because right now, I don't get out much.
    Ha, fair enough - I saw the "back then" re: college but hadn't thought of grad school. My grad school fashion (and grooming) was fairly atrocious, unless I was going out, so I'm not sure you're far off what would be normal. I didn't really pick up wanting to be more dappered until after grad school anyway.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I do my hair every day. Although much like you, my style hasn't changed in the past decade or more.

I have VERY thick hair. Or at least it used to be thick. As I age it is starting to get thin. Don't get my wrong, it is still thick. Just not as thick as it used to be. Anyway...

Because of this, there are many hair styles I cannot do. I've settled on the hair pomade (Imperial Barber matte pomade) that I use. I put a nickle sized portion in my palm smear it around my hands, and then run it through my hair. Basically it's kind of a messy yet styled look. If that makes any sense.

I'd like to mix it up, but I'm being quite lazy about putting any effort in to it.
    I second this choice. I use Imperial Barber matte pomade everyday, been using it for three years now. It’s the best hair product I ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk