Thread: Stretch suits for travel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Stretch suits for travel?

Hi guys,

I have a consulting position with weekly travel, and plan on buying a couple new suits and shirts as I've gained some muscle recently. I have done consulting previously for several years, but there were not as many options at the time for suits with the stretch technology. I see that the Dappered essentials list endorses Suitsupply, however having owned a few pairs of banana republic's rapid movement and traveler jeans, I'm now a big believer in stretchy clothing. I think it might be better for comfort when traveling.

My question is: Would you agree that stretch enabled clothing would be preferable for weekly travel over Suit Supply, and if so what brands would you recommend?
    Last edited by matt4109; March 28th, 2019 at 06:48 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Fellow consultant here -my go-to is SS traveler suits, highly recommend checking them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4109 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a consulting position with weekly travel, and plan on buying a couple new suits and shirts as I've gained some muscle recently. I have done consulting previously for several years, but there were not as many options at the time for suits with the stretch technology. I see that the Dappered essentials list endorses Suitsupply, however having owned a few pairs of banana republic's rapid movement and traveler jeans, I'm now a big believer in stretchy clothing. I think it might be better for comfort when traveling.

My question is: Would you agree that stretch enabled clothing would be preferable for weekly travel over Suit Supply, and if so what brands would you recommend?

Matt I own the Bluffworks Gramercy Navy blazer and love it. Thereís a ton of pockets to hold different items when traveling. I donít own the matching pants but Iím sure they function in the same manner. Highly recommended.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinds View Post
    Matt I own the Bluffworks Gramercy Navy blazer and love it. Thereís a ton of pockets to hold different items when traveling. I donít own the matching pants but Iím sure they function in the same manner. Highly recommended.
    Is it really that good? No swish-swish? Looks decent? No shine? I have read good things, but their pants are really not as non-tech-looking as people say. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otoba View Post
    Is it really that good? No swish-swish? Looks decent? No shine? I have read good things, but their pants are really not as non-tech-looking as people say. Thanks!
    I like the blazer a lot because of the stretch and the amount of pockets. Thereís a little swish but nothing like Nike basketball warm up pants. Again, I canít speak for the pants but I highly recommend the blazer.