Thread: Searching for merino t-shirt with some stretch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Searching for merino t-shirt with some stretch

There is a lot of competition in the field of merino t-shirts. Most seem to be 100% merino, but I would love to find one that has a small percentage of Spandex or other stretchy fabric. TIA

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    290 Post(s)
    I'm my experience, all my merino garments have been a bit stretchy by virtue of the material and the weave/knit. Although I don't have any T shirts, I do have several long sleeve T-shirts/base layers (Icebreaker, ibex, smartwool), merino henleys (banana republic), and tights (smartwool, Icebreaker) all 100% merino.

How much stretch are you looking for and what are you doing that you'll need that much more stretch out of them for?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    I highly recommend the Icebreaker Tech Lite SS tees. They are fantastic. It's a blend of merino wool (87%) and nylon (13%) very stretch, they can be thrown in a dryer (in my experience) and don't seem to develop any pin size holes like my 100% merino tees have in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    I'm my experience, all my merino garments have been a bit stretchy by virtue of the material and the weave/knit. Although I don't have any T shirts, I do have several long sleeve T-shirts/base layers (Icebreaker, ibex, smartwool), merino henleys (banana republic), and tights (smartwool, Icebreaker) all 100% merino.

How much stretch are you looking for and what are you doing that you'll need that much more stretch out of them for?
    Thanks. I have some 100% merino Icebreaker hoodies and they do have a nice stretchy quality. I am looking at the Icebreaker website and they have a slim-fit t-shirt with some lycra in the blend.