Thread: Are Cole-Haan sneakers comfortable for long walks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are Cole-Haan sneakers comfortable for long walks?

I am spending 9 days in Berlin in mid-May 2019. It's a pleasure trip. I anticipate a LOT of walking and will also be going to a number of music events -- symphony, opera, etc.

I have my wardrobe pretty much planned but am wondering about footwear. I would like to pack a couple of pairs of dressy sneakers that will accommodate a day of walking and that I can also wear with some nice dark jeans and a black blazer for the evening.

Does anyone have experience with Cole-Haan sneakers in such a situation? I like their knit sneakers but wonder if they have enough support for walking.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I have a pair, and I wouldn’t want to walk in them all day. They’re soft, light, and comfortable, but the support just isn’t there.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    This is pretty subjective I think. I think Clarks Bushacre are comfortable because they are flat, flexible and roomy. Other people don’t like them for the same reasons. I like more minimalist footwear, so they work for me. Just wish I could find some higher quality ones!
    Last edited by Creature; March 22nd, 2019 at 11:33 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)
    For something like that, I'd imagine it's mostly about how it fits for you. Lots of walking means any wear points or mild discomfort will be magnified.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    I have a pair of Cole Haan Grand Crosscourt sneakers and I think they are very comfortable to walk in. In fact, they are the only shoes I wear when I take the dog for a walk :-) They are very light which I think would help a lot on long days.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I have these as well and love them.

Also, this weekend I picked up the J&M XC4 Prentiss Plain toe shoes. Really comfortable as well.