Thread: Source of high quality multi-color laces?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Question Source of high quality multi-color laces?

I recently got the Vertigo 917 Gold Rush boots and have been loving them (I'd highly recommend them). The laces are high quality but I'm sure I'll eventually break them. Since they suit the boot so well I've been looking for backup laces. I contacted Danner and Huckberry but unfortunately both responded that they don't have any spares to give away or sell.

Thus, where do y'all go for high quality flat laces long enough for boots that aren't just monocolored?

And if anyone knows the actual name for laces with flecks of color in them like the Vertigo laces, then that might help me in my search. Thanks!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quoted
    606 Post(s)
    it sure grinds my gears how poorly manufacturers support laces on their shoes. you'd really think a pair of shoes that lasts more than a few years would be able to have laces of the same quality they come with available. double especially for shoes like those with wierd laces making the whole look of the boot. its super disappointing.

all you're left with for options is horrendous low quality laces from amazon.

*COUGH*allen edmonds*COUGH*

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    I donít know if they have what youíre looking for but I know some people that use whiskers laces. You might be able to ask them about what you want if they donít have it as an offering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I donít know if they have what youíre looking for but I know some people that use whiskers laces. You might be able to ask them about what you want if they donít have it as an offering.
    I looked at whisker laces but they appear to all be round. Got any good source of laces which are flat? I can start just ordering off of Amazon but for things like this I've never found any seller on there to be good quality.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quoted
    606 Post(s)
    almost all of the "waxed" laces on amazon, are in fact not at all waxed, and just kind of have melted flattened sides to look waxed? just some kind of wax-look laces. i've been quite disappointing by a number.

here are some on amazon that are like that fake wax thing. they suck ass.

these ones as well

this is an example of ebay ones that look waxed but are not. this is an example of ebay ones that look waxed but are not.

they look ok for a short while, and the laces break because they're low quality, loose weave, and very brittle from whatever the process they use to make them look waxed. maybe they dip them in some kind of laquer? they don't stay tied, they're bad all over.

again do not buy! they suck.

Last edited by evanparker; March 19th, 2019 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Lace Lab has been my source for "aftermarket" boot laces, but they only have round ones unfortunately (they have a ton more selection for sneakers than they do boots).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Tie Bar has a good selection, and they're $3. There's a few east coast cities (I'm in DC) that have a Tie Bar storefront, you get to see everything up close, and there's no shipping.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegacaesar View Post
    I recently got the Vertigo 917 Gold Rush boots and have been loving them (I'd highly recommend them). The laces are high quality but I'm sure I'll eventually break them. Since they suit the boot so well I've been looking for backup laces. I contacted Danner and Huckberry but unfortunately both responded that they don't have any spares to give away or sell.

Thus, where do y'all go for high quality flat laces long enough for boots that aren't just monocolored?

And if anyone knows the actual name for laces with flecks of color in them like the Vertigo laces, then that might help me in my search. Thanks!
    I seen them in the hanger project and also the shoe snob(J Fitzpatrick)

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk