Thread: Dappered Chicago?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Dappered Chicago?

I am contemplating a trip to Chicago in June to see the Stones and was thinking of doing a little clothes shopping as well. I'm in Dallas, so I'll probably skip SuitSupply and Nordstrom Rack as we have those here. To my knowledge, we don't have Charles Tyrwhitt here, so that might be on the list. Any other places y'all (proof of my Texan-ness) might recommend?

If there are any thrift/secondhand stores that you're willing to divulge publicly, feel free!

To be clear, I don't really need anything, other than a suit which I will most likely pick up locally at SuitSupply, which makes this particularly dangerous for me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    They have a couple of Tie Bars. I can vouch for the one in the theater district.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You have Bonobos and Allen Edmonds here as well if you need to consider any fits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I've gone to the Tyrwhitt store a couple times, but it's really just what they have online, so you're probably not going to find any great gems there, but it's a nice enough store.
    The Michigan ave Brooks Brothers is a nice store, as is the Ralph Lauren store.

George Greene: http://www.george-greene.com/

Not the most exciting, but we have a Uniqlo. There is also a Red Wing store.

Optimo is a local hat shop (manufactured in Chicago): https://www.optimo.com/

Independence might be worth a visit: https://independence-chicago.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    If you need jeans, Dearborn denim jeans are made in Chicago. They have a couple of retails locations in Chicago. Schott NYC if you want to drop a few hundred on a quality leather jacket.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Not exactly for shopping, as much as admiring, but I love Paul Stuart's stores.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aps2012 View Post
    Not exactly for shopping, as much as admiring, but I love Paul Stuart's stores.
    Then you'll definitely like the Uniqlo store off of Michigan Ave. Massive and bright.