Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Linen Suits

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    @Domino and @Hebrew Barrister I think I'm going to keep my eye open for the next JC sale. I'd like to give this linen suit a try myself.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    I have one. It's great in the heat because it's totally unlined, but it's very casual. Definitely don't get a lot of business use out of it, and to be honest, I usually break it up and pair the jacket with chinos for a summer casual out on the town look.
    If you're looking to split it up, Target has a cotton-linen blazer, quarter lined for 50 bucks. I mean, it's Target, but it's 50 bucks regular price. Depends what you want out of it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    221 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    If you're looking to split it up, Target has a cotton-linen blazer, quarter lined for 50 bucks. I mean, it's Target, but it's 50 bucks regular price. Depends what you want out of it.
    Any lining on a linen blazer is a nonstarter, imo. Defeats the entire point.

I also have a JCF full linen blazer, fully unlined, that's even breezier than the JC cotton-linen ones. Yeah, it wrinkles if you so much as look at it from across the room, but I got it in the natural linen color so it kinda works. These, you actually can get for 50 on the right sale (i think I paid 40), and you still get fully unlined and the lowered button stance / higher arm holes of the JC designs.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    I considered it too, but then realized that as a banker, I knew that the occasions of me wearing it will be rather few. I spend most of my working days indoors, and my perception is that if it's really that hot for wool suit, taking off jacket for a while is perfectly acceptable.