Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: suggest me a suede chukka

TMann
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Those a quite nice looking. I was also looking at the same boots in their "Ginger" color.

I tried a pair of the Thursday Captains in brown and as much as I loved the way they looked I wasn't happy about the way they fit. I'm a 10.5 on a brannock and the 10.5 was too big the 10 too small.

How would you say the chukkas fit compared to the Captains? I realize we are kind of comparing apples and oranges.
    Interestingly, they DO fit a little different. Part of it, in my case, is the fact that I've had the Captains for over a year, so they're more broken in than the Scouts. The lacing on the Captains cover more of the shoe: it obviously extends higher on the ankle, but it also starts closer to the toe than the lacing on the Scout. So the Captain feels more secure; my foot seems to slip more in the Scout. Also, the suede on the Scout is surprisingly stiff; this isn't a pair of floppy desert boots. It feels like it took more time to get the Scouts to feel "broken in" compared to the Captains.

Both are good solid boots, though and I'm very happy with both.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)
    Those a quite nice looking. I was also looking at the same boots in their "Ginger" color.

I tried a pair of the Thursday Captains in brown and as much as I loved the way they looked I wasn't happy about the way they fit. I'm a 10.5 on a brannock and the 10.5 was too big the 10 too small.
    Consider trying the 10.5 with an extra insole inserted. I had that problem with my AE Chukka boots (They had 12 and 13, and I take a 12.5) and that works very well.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Thanks. I think I may give them a try.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will probably give the 10.5 a try and if it is too big I'll try an extra insole.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    Another cobbler union vote! i absolutely love their chukkas!. they are perfectly sleek and i love the red stitching. Nothing worse than a chunky chukka.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    I have the Thursday Boot Co Scouts in dark olive suede. I wear them a lot. I have a couple of pairs of dark grey jeans that I wear almost every day during the wintertime and these are my go-to boots with those jeans. So far they've held up well and are very comfortable. They're my second pair of Thursday boots; I also own a pair of Captain's in the natural leather.

A photo of the Scouts from the Thursday website. My jeans aren't quite that fitted.

Those are really sharp. Is the toe area burnished?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I picked up Blake stitched SuitSupply chukkas in their July outlet sale a couple years back and have been very impressed with them. The massdrop AEs could pop up again too, I believe I got those in the spring in years past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I have those same Nordstrom 1901s. Mine aren't quite worn out yet, but I've been keeping an eye out for replacement options. Just ran across this today:

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/as...8alaECQhXw_wcB

I have no experience with these, but they might be worth looking at (perhaps a bit lighter shade)?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurps View Post
    I picked up Blake stitched SuitSupply chukkas in their July outlet sale a couple years back and have been very impressed with them. The massdrop AEs could pop up again too, I believe I got those in the spring in years past.
    I have the same boot. I vote for this boot if it becomes available again.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will probably give the 10.5 a try and if it is too big I'll try an extra insole.
    How tight were the size 10? If it's not too bad, they'll loosen up a little when you break them in. I've had bad experience trying to make a shoe that's too big fit well. I ended up almost never wearing them until I gave up on them.