Thread: Eye Cream for Men?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Eye Cream for Men?

Any suggestions for eye cream?

I use Paula's Choice PC4Men daytime and night time repair, but curious if there's something you've found and liked.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1016 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t.urman View Post
    Any suggestions for eye cream?

I use Paula's Choice PC4Men daytime and night time repair, but curious if there's something you've found and liked.
    I have gotten more into a routine with facial products. My current go to's are as follows:

1. Sun screen when it will be sunny. Also apply every 2 hrs if I will be in the sun. I honestly use Babyganics and another baby one my wife buys.
    2. Retinol at night. It says 2% but I think they mean something else. 1% usually requires a prescription. I will likely upgrade to a .5% after a year of use then go prescription later. I use: https://www.sephora.com/product/the-...ulsion-P427418
    3. Vitamin C in the mornings. I rotate between: https://theordinary.com/product/rdn-...t-30ml?redir=1 and https://theordinary.com/product/rdn-...t-30ml?redir=1

I would buy a more expensive ascorbic acid but getting that pure gets pricey quickly.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    First, just stopping to note that "for Men" is an absurd way for companies to brand and make more money by selling things in black bottles vs. white/colors, often for an upticked price for no other reason.

I stopped using a separate eye cream and relied on an overnight recovery cream that the woman who does my facials (I go every other month / quarterly, approx)-- linked here: https://www.heydayskincare.com/produ...recovery-cream
    It's expensive, but has been much more effective for me in balancing my skin and providing moisture (including for eyes) than anything else I've tried... including other pricey options. I also use an Ursa Major face wash which is the best I've used in a while (great smell as well).

As JB noted, I use a lotion w SPF during the day as well. Mine is a pricey version my wife likes, since it's something I have on hand, but YMMV on that front.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1016 Post(s)
    @hornsup84 - How long does one of those containers last? When I see 1.x oz. I think it can't last very long.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    @hornsup84 - How long does one of those containers last? When I see 1.x oz. I think it can't last very long.
    A good question -- surprisingly long, relative to the size. I have a big face (goes w my big head), and I use a very minimal amount of it every day--it's a nice consistency and doesn't take much each use. However, my wife and I both use it 7x a week as well, so it does go fast due to that. Still, I think we buy one every other month or so? (wife buys it when she's at her monthly facial appt.)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)
    I'm not as due diligent in skincare (outside of sunscreen and a daily moisturizer) as I probably should be but I like Kiehl's stuff. They have an under eye cream I use some days when I don't get a lot of sleep. I have most of their stuff and find it's fairly successful.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1360 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I stopped using a separate eye cream and relied on an overnight recovery cream that the woman who does my facials (I go every other month / quarterly, approx)-- linked here: https://www.heydayskincare.com/produ...recovery-cream
    It's expensive, but has been much more effective for me in balancing my skin and providing moisture (including for eyes) than anything else I've tried... including other pricey options. I also use an Ursa Major face wash which is the best I've used in a while (great smell as well).

As JB noted, I use a lotion w SPF during the day as well. Mine is a pricey version my wife likes, since it's something I have on hand, but YMMV on that front.
    Interesting comment on price. I was looking at a facial moisturizer that was $50CAD. For me, that was/is too rich for my blood. But perhaps it is time to look in to using a more expensive product? With shoes and physical products I can tell the difference in quality and price. But with things like moisturizers I find I have a much harder time.

Re: the facial, I need to look in to that too. I think I might be missing out.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Interesting comment on price. I was looking at a facial moisturizer that was $50CAD. For me, that was/is too rich for my blood. But perhaps it is time to look in to using a more expensive product? With shoes and physical products I can tell the difference in quality and price. But with things like moisturizers I find I have a much harder time.

Re: the facial, I need to look in to that too. I think I might be missing out.
    I found much better results with this vs. cheaper and other expensive moisturizers. YMMV in terms of what works best for your skin (we're all a bit different with that and what works), but this one seems above the rest for me. It also takes a ton less product than some of the cheaper ones I tried (meaning the smaller size / higher price per volume wasn't as big of a deal). I can't say it's always commensurate with price, as some expensive products didn't get the same results.

Facials, I'd recommend at least trying even it is just once a quarter. She cleans me out a bit as well as provides some uber moisturizing when I go. Helps to reset every once in a while.

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1360 Post(s)
    Thanks for the tip @hornsup84 I'll have to do some searching around here to see where I go and get one. On a slightly different topic, for my birthday a few years ago I treated myself to a professional straight edge/shave. That was amazing.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    I just started a face care regimen in the last 6 months. I'm late to the game but better late then never, right? It has evolved into quite a long list of products but I have noticed some improvement.

I did as much research online as I could (most of it is really just advertising) and saw mention of Brickell Men's products. Like hornsup84 mentioned it is really a lot of marketing hype. The use of dark bottles and black labels etc to make it appeal to a male audience. the nice thing is for $10 you can get a nice custom sample box where you can try out the eye cream among other products they offer. They offer a lot of unscented versions which is nice if you are sensitive to fragrance.

Anyway I use their eye cream. It runs about $40 for a 0.5 oz container. As they say, a little goes a long way. I use it 1-2 times a day and that little jar lasts about 4 months. I like its consistency and the ingredient list. I have very sensitive skin and I like that the product does not contain retinol or any variety of it. That probably makes it less effective because that is the one ingredient found to truly work.