Thread: Alex Mill adds more old J. Crew management

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

Alex Mill adds more old J. Crew management

Just learned of this:

https://www.alexmill.com

Alex Mill launched in 2012, the brainchild of Alex Drexler, the son of J.Crew’s former CEO Mickey Drexler. Now, though, it's back with a new spin: creative director and J.Crew alum Somsack Sikhounmuong’s new vision for the label debuted on Tuesday. Drexler père is here, too, as an investor and strategic advisor for the brand. All of which means there is now a whole lot of “old J.Crew” energy at the new Alex Mill and it shows.

I never bought anything from here yet, but maybe something to keep an eye on, esp if J. Crew kicks the bucket...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    I got a turtleneck sweater from them this fall. Much cheaper than the Todd Snyder one that was popping up on style blogs all over the place but still pricier than the major retail brands. They called it an alpaca blend and it has a little alpaca but is like 90% merino wool, but a very thick donegal woven merino wool. It's really warm. I did poke around their website some and thought a lot of the stuff looked pretty good but it is at a higher price point than J. Crew for sure, though it's on the low end for designer stuff. Cheaper than Billy Reid, Todd Snyder, etc. Comparable to a lot of what is on Huckberry price-wise.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    It looks very similar to Gap, only 3x as expensive.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    im clearly too broke for Alex Mill.