Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone else struggle with sweater blazers?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)
    It's an in-between item that is the worst of both worlds rather than the best.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    If I had one that fit me well, I wouldn't hesitate to wear it with an ocbd, slim fitted jeans, and chukkas.

I actually tried on the target one on a whim and it fit me flawlessly, but I didn't see a real reason to buy it as it was similar to some unconstructed blazers I have.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I like them. I work in an out-patient physical therapy clinic. We're not allowed to wear scrubs so it allows me to look professional; I get to wear something aesthetically pleasing rather than a regular polo and khakis that a lot of therapists wear. Also, I get to wear a t-shirt underneath so demonstrating exercises is easy. If it gets too hot I can take it off and easily put it back on later. In a very casual work environment, the sweater blazers are a standout. All of this movement to athleisure/stretch fabric has been so nice for me. So, I suppose it fits a specific niche.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aręte View Post
    I just picked up my first one from a J Crew sale about a month ago, and I actually love it. I never really liked cardigans, because they always looked too effeminate on me (with lots of other guys its different). I think its a great way to look nice but without someone being like "Wow you're dressed up."
    Which one did you get?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I got one of the knit blazers from the Goodfellow line at Target. I like it. I work in an environment where we have people that dress in everything from a full suit down to what I've dubbed "homeless casual" (I swear, people who didn't know the guy thought he was a homeless person who had wandered into the building). I've only recently gotten into dressing nicer over the last few years, so these blazers are a good transitional piece rather than jumping straight to more traditional blazers and having to repeatedly answer the question of why I'm so dressed up all of a sudden.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ModifiedMind View Post
    having to repeatedly answer the question of why I'm so dressed up all of a sudden.
    I've always answered that one with something along the lines of "Hey, someone has to class this place up."

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    I think I prefer shawl collar cardigan instead of sweater blazers, a little more versatile

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    I dont care for them either. Just dont see the point.