Thread: BR Traveler Pants, do they shrink?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    117 Post(s)

BR Traveler Pants, do they shrink?

Hi folks -

I'm in between sizes in many brands. Perfect pair of pants for me would be 33x35. I've ordered a couple of pair of BR Traveler, slim fit, in 34x36, and the waist is large. In many pants they may shrink, but I am unaware as to whether these do, given that it's my first experience with them. They are 99% cotton, 1% spandex. I'd be looking for an inch of shrink in the waist and an inch in the length. My typical laundering is wash cold, dry low to medium.

Anyone out there with experience with these pants and whether they will or won't?

Honestly, if they don't shrink I'll return and buy 33x34, because the length on the 36's is a touch longer than most brands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I don't have any experience with the traveler pants, but I had to quit buying BR pants because they would shrink to the point of being unwearable.

The length more so that the waist. I lost a good 1 1/2 - 2 inches on the length on multiple pairs of their pants.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronrob View Post
    Hi folks -

I'm in between sizes in many brands. Perfect pair of pants for me would be 33x35. I've ordered a couple of pair of BR Traveler, slim fit, in 34x36, and the waist is large. In many pants they may shrink, but I am unaware as to whether these do, given that it's my first experience with them. They are 99% cotton, 1% spandex. I'd be looking for an inch of shrink in the waist and an inch in the length. My typical laundering is wash cold, dry low to medium.

Anyone out there with experience with these pants and whether they will or won't?

Honestly, if they don't shrink I'll return and buy 33x34, because the length on the 36's is a touch longer than most brands.
    To answer my own question, no, these don't shrink much. I've washed and dried one pair three times now. Less than half an inch in length and right at half an inch in the waist, but that half inch at the waist is temporary and they loosen back up with minimal wear time.

The high shine of them also disappears after washing.