Thread: Denim stains on suede

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

Denim stains on suede

Should I just try a suede eraser on denim stains, or is that going to smear it around?
    I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)
    I'm interested in this too; i was able to use saddle soap on my Truman Kudu boots that got some bleed-off, but that's a whole different beast (ha pun) from suede. It's quickly becoming sand suede MDxAE season.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)
    Funnily enough, I've noticed that the trend in menswear, for a denim stained patina on suede boots, is eagerly sought after. Most of the Instagram crowd actually seeks it out. I think it does look kind of cool, but every one has their own proclivities.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    I don't know but my selvedge raw jeans rubbed off on my Frost River waxed cotton duffle bag the other day when I was carrying it in the rain whilst wearing said jeans. So, not sure what to do about that except accept the fact that those bags are supposed to take a beating so I just added to its unique character. My car seat (not suede but leather) also has some discoloration from these jeans. Haven't tried to get it off yet but am going to use Armor All leather as a first shot.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Should I just try a suede eraser on denim stains, or is that going to smear it around?
    +1 to OP
    ...I was annoyed when I noticed this happening last summer...talk about dirty bucks...

Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    I'm interested in this too; .
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Funnily enough, I've noticed that the trend in menswear, for a denim stained patina on suede boots, is eagerly sought after. Most of the Instagram crowd actually seeks it out. I think it does look kind of cool, but every one has their own proclivities.
    I guess I don't have those proclivities...to each his own proclivities...looking fwd to others' solutions...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)
    For posterity, some are even posted on "Fade Of The Day" denim sites. Here is a beautiful pair of John Lofgren (who strangely never gets much if any mention on here) suede boots, with a really nice denim patina on them. https://www.heddels.com/2019/01/fade...-shoes-1-year/