Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for 2 specific styles of shoes

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)
    I've look all over as well and can't find anything like those.

So, here's a suggestion: Send Justin Fitzpatrick an email and ask him if he knows of anyone making them. Or post the question on his shoe snob blog. He has always been very responsive to me. He might tell you he can do a MTO on something--which is probably out of your price range--but if he hasn't seen them as ready to wear, I'm going to bet that nobody is making them.

Another suggestion: Take the Meermin shoes and have them dyed a darker more consistent burgundy. I've both dyed my own shoes before and had them dyed by cobblers and been happy with the results. My wife recently had one of her Fendi bags (look at the cost on those suckers and shoes suddenly look cheap by comparison) dyed and she loves the result. Because you just want a more consistent burgundy, they should turn out pretty good.

These two-tone beauties started out as a pair of bourbon AE Macallisters.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...64&oe=5CDCD9E0
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I've look all over as well and can't find anything like those.

So, here's a suggestion: Send Justin Fitzpatrick an email and ask him if he knows of anyone making them. Or post the question on his shoe snob blog. He has always been very responsive to me. He might tell you he can do a MTO on something--which is probably out of your price range--but if he hasn't seen them as ready to wear, I'm going to bet that nobody is making them.

Another suggestion: Take the Meermin shoes and have them dyed a darker more consistent burgundy. I've both dyed my own shoes before and had them dyed by cobblers and been happy with the results. My wife recently had one of her Fendi bags (look at the cost on those suckers and shoes suddenly look cheap by comparison) dyed and she loves the result. Because you just want a more consistent burgundy, they should turn out pretty good.

These two-tone beauties started out as a pair of bourbon AE Macallisters.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...64&oe=5CDCD9E0
    You're pretty thorough so I trust you haha.

You're right the MTO option is more than I want to spend on this pair of shoes (or probably any pair of shoes). I may ask him though to see if he's seen anything.

I am interested in the dying option though. Would you just suggest finding a well reviewed cobbler on Yelp or something? I don't want to blow it with what would be a $350 pair of shoes, but I'm definitely intrigued by this idea, especially if it's staying in the same color family.

Wouldn't try it myself on anything but a pair of Goodwill shoes. What did it run you from a cobbler?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by identitycrisis View Post
    You're pretty thorough so I trust you haha.

You're right the MTO option is more than I want to spend on this pair of shoes (or probably any pair of shoes). I may ask him though to see if he's seen anything.

I am interested in the dying option though. Would you just suggest finding a well reviewed cobbler on Yelp or something? I don't want to blow it with what would be a $350 pair of shoes, but I'm definitely intrigued by this idea, especially if it's staying in the same color family.

Wouldn't try it myself on anything but a pair of Goodwill shoes. What did it run you from a cobbler?
    I think it was about $50-$60, but that was a few years back. I didn't realize that the Meermen shoes are $340. I thought it would be the typical $200 range. So, ouch--that would make it $400 at least.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.