Thread: Suggestions for a Cool Case for my Surface Book--with the screen detached

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)

Suggestions for a Cool Case for my Surface Book--with the screen detached

Starting up my new firm, I purchased a very nice Surface Book with a 13.5 inch detachable screen that I can use in tablet mode. It's really pretty cool.

However, I can't seem to find a nice case to carry around the tablet portion. I would be bringing this to client meetings to take notes, etc. And I'm freaking clumsy. I'm constantly dropping my phone. I don't want to be carrying the tablet around without protection.

Sometimes, like yesterday, I had to be working around a construction site in mud, dirt, and on unfinished concrete floors.

So, ideally, it would have a cover I could flip open to use the tablet without removing it from the case. And a place to put the stylus, a few business cards, and maybe a real pen.

I've looked on Amazon and in a couple of office supply stores in real life, but I'm not finding anything I like. Most of the cases seem to be designed for the ipad or Surface Pro--not the Surface Book.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I'm pretty cheap when it comes to this kind of thing, but for something nice, I could see myself spending up to $200.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)
    For all that you are going to be carrying, cards, pens, stylus, etc. have you entertained the thought of just getting a nice,slim, leather briefcase, or sleeve?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    For all that you are going to be carrying, cards, pens, stylus, etc. have you entertained the thought of just getting a nice,slim, leather briefcase, or sleeve?
    Yes, but I want something that I can keep the tablet in while I'm using it. Kind of like this, but for a computer tablet:

https://www.amazon.com/Saddleback-Le.../dp/B002YFTACS

My wife has something she uses for her Asus pad. I just can't find one large enough for the 13.5 inch tablet.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Yes, but I want something that I can keep the tablet in while I'm using it. Kind of like this, but for a computer tablet:

https://www.amazon.com/Saddleback-Le.../dp/B002YFTACS

My wife has something she uses for her Asus pad. I just can't find one large enough for the 13.5 inch tablet.
    This site looks to have quite a few offerings, similar to what you are looking for. https://www.icarryalls.com/for-microsoft-surface.html

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    404 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This site looks to have quite a few offerings, similar to what you are looking for. https://www.icarryalls.com/for-microsoft-surface.html
    Oh--yes, quite a few things to look at. Thank you!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Oh--yes, quite a few things to look at. Thank you!
    You're welcome!