Thread: Journals, Planners, and Tracking

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)

Journals, Planners, and Tracking

I just dropped some coin on a nice journal and weekly planner because my lists and notes are disorganized and not really leading to me stay focused or productive. I bought a Rhodia Webplanner and a Rhodia Goalbook. I'm going to try both out and see which I like best. I'm trying not to buy in to bullet journaling as a solution to all my problems, but looking at my top note page right now I can see how it would be more legible if it was in bullet journal format.

What do you guys use to take notes and keep track of tasks/to do lists?

Rhodia Webplanner https://classicofficeproducts.com/pl...y-planner.html

Rhodia Goalbook https://www.jetpens.com/Rhodia-Goalb...Black/pd/21917

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    I use an At-a-Glance Weekly/Monthly Planner in addition to using my standard Outlook calendar on my computer. I like how I can see the month across two pages and I rarely fill in the individual days unless I have a particularly packed day where I'm moving between courthouses.

I use a plain old 5x8 notepad for daily or weekly tasks. I use Work Flowy, a basic app on my phone (also has a website for desktop use) that is essentially just one long text document, but it allows you to make indents easily to have sub-tasks for multiple things for one client, for example.

I like the tactile sensation of using pen and paper (and who doesn't like crossing items off a to-do list, compared to clicking on a screen?) and I'm trying to get away from being on a screen all the time.