Add another one to the list. My teens and most of my 20's was various band shirts, jeans, and Etnies or similar. Eventually the Etnies became black Sambas because I don't really skate, but the rest of the uniform stayed intact. Started dressing better as I approached 30, first at the office as I worked toward finishing my MBA, and then at home as I realized that I simply felt better with a slightly better level of dress.

It's funny that shows get mentioned - I realized lately that I go to a lot of shows from bands I've listened to for 15-20 years, and when I go I'm surrounded by a lot of people who look like me - mid 30's, wearing well-fitting clothes, and still enjoying the hell out of seeing a band they love live. I actually felt young when I saw Face to Face recently.

What I think is going to be really fun is that I'm starting to think about getting back into the band scene - my last band split 7 years ago, and then I went to grad school and moved halfway across the country. I imagine that it'll be a bit like Matthew McConaughey in Dazed and Confused - I got older, the rest of the people playing in bands are the same age...