Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too many shoes - anyone else have this problem?

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I want to get rid of some more, but price and shipping doesnt seem like it would be worth it to me, so I keep them.
    Agreed. I may list a few pairs of Aldens here shortly but besides that, it's not worth selling most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    Sorry, 8.5 or 9
    Same here. I'm a UK8/EU42/US9 generally.

Quote Originally Posted by julius12 View Post
    I was making a point to Raakish that wanting to keep buying more stuff without checking yourself is not good.
    This is a valid point. That's one reason I got away from shoes and more in to watches. It's easier to flip watches if you end up with too many.

With all that being said, I did pick up quite a few pair of shoes during the most recent Mr. Porter sale. I have a pair of Santoni's and John Lobbs coming in today. I'm really hoping I don't like the Lobbs. I know they are regularly $1500 and I got them for $800 but that's still a lot of money for a pair of shoes.

I will say that Santoni's are very underrated. They are some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever put on. None of the break in period you experience with AE. AE's are some of the most overrated shoes IMO. Way too much money for what you get. I should probably spin this off in to a separate thread . . .

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    485 Post(s)
    Sweet! Two three pairs of JFtizpatrick shoes. I have a pair of Issaquah tassel loafers and love them. Still waiting for my MTO button boots.

Quote Originally Posted by chiconice View Post

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    485 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chiconice View Post
    Shoes are my hobby. So I have way too many than what I need. I do tend to buy quality shoes at the price that most men buy there cheap shoes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    I'm with you--I feel like I'm a collector. Shoes are the only thing I've ever collected since I was a kid when I collected baseball cards.

And I'm planning on collecting more. Even if I hate myself in the morning.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    485 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Agreed. I may list a few pairs of Aldens here shortly but besides that, it's not worth selling most of them.

Same here. I'm a UK8/EU42/US9 generally.

This is a valid point. That's one reason I got away from shoes and more in to watches. It's easier to flip watches if you end up with too many.

With all that being said, I did pick up quite a few pair of shoes during the most recent Mr. Porter sale. I have a pair of Santoni's and John Lobbs coming in today. I'm really hoping I don't like the Lobbs. I know they are regularly $1500 and I got them for $800 but that's still a lot of money for a pair of shoes.

I will say that Santoni's are very underrated. They are some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever put on. None of the break in period you experience with AE. AE's are some of the most overrated shoes IMO. Way too much money for what you get. I should probably spin this off in to a separate thread . . .
    Yes--let's spin this off to a separate thread! I've been thinking about starting a shoe collection thread. Shoes--Want'em--Got'em. Or something like that.