Thread: Suede jacket fit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Suede jacket fit

Hi there

I have recently bought a black, suede jacket that I've looked at for quite some time. I got it at a pretty good deal a couple of weeks ago but it have been sitting in my closet ever since.

Trying it on, it fits perfectly when it comes to the length and the sleeves. However, when it comes to the tummy and the shoulders, it is a bit snug (especially the tummy - still carrying that holiday weight after all )

I've never owned a suede jacket before. So my question is: Do you have any experience with suede jackets or shirts and know whether or not they will expand? And if so, how much?

I've only got experience with suede shoes which - in my experience - have a tendency to give in quite a bit.

Apologies if the question has been posted before - looked around and couldn't find anything!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I don't think that it will expand in any significant way. Certainly not like a pair of shoes that eventually olds to your feet. Having said that, leather and suede jackets are usually meant to be worn fitted, rather than loose and baggy.

If you're wanting an honest opinion, you could always take a picture of youself in the jacket and post it in the "How Does This Fit" thread. Forum members are usually pretty helpful.

Link: https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...it-quot-Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks, TMann! I'm considering whether it's fitted or too snug; I'll post a picture in the fit-thread later!